MQA still registering 48 vs MQA 96 after 3.3.3 update?

After updating the DS Jr Bridge to 3.3.3, I played a track through Roon that shows (in Roon) FLAC 48/ MQA 96, yet the DS Jr. still only shows 48. Is there a Roon setting that needs to be updated? Also I notice that my Tidal software settings do not recognize the DS Jr. under outputs. Was this supposed to change?

Michael Kimsey said

After updating the DS Jr Bridge to 3.3.3, I played a track through Roon that shows (in Roon) FLAC 48/ MQA 96, yet the DS Jr. still only shows 48. Is there a Roon setting that needs to be updated? Also I notice that my Tidal software settings do not recognize the DS Jr. under outputs. Was this supposed to change?

We have not added MQA support for Roon yet, it will be in the next update.

Tidal does not support external players like the bridge, you need to use mControl to get Tidal via the BridgeII.

Dennis

Thanks for the answer as I had the same question. My DS Jr is running 3.3.3 and I am using Roon version 1.3 (build 242). I was wondering about MQA. Now I do see my DS Jr under the Audio settings in Roon. What do you mean with this statement (Tidal does not support external players like the bridge, you need to use mControl to get Tidal via the BridgeII.)?

I’m new to the DS Jr and Tidal so if this is a dumb question sorry.

Bryan said

Thanks for the answer as I had the same question. My DS Jr is running 3.3.3 and I am using Roon version 1.3 (build 242). I was wondering about MQA. Now I do see my DS Jr under the Audio settings in Roon. What do you mean with this statement (Tidal does not support external players like the bridge, you need to use mControl to get Tidal via the BridgeII.)?

I’m new to the DS Jr and Tidal so if this is a dumb question sorry.

The Tidal app does not support any way to play to external players like the Bridge. To get Tidal/MQA on the bridge now, you need to use mConnect. Currently it is not Supported in Roon until the next bridge release. Roon currently supports Tidal to the bridge, just not MQA.

Dennis