Neodio Origine B2, another snake oil... or

Speakers, cones often wooden or paper.
My system sounds sharper on dry days ( < 45%) and noticeably duller/slower on high-H days ( >65%).
The difference is small, and much more apparent with my 50 year old all-paper-cone speakers than on the ones with plastic type domes, but it is a thing, I think.

5 Likes

Yes it’s a thing. :grin:
Nature’s forces are everywhere and unavoidable.

1 Like

Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivé!

4 Likes

Bon chance

1 Like

Looks cool. Are you sure they are for components? They look perfect to place under speaker spikes.

1 Like

Make sure you have the greenhouse mister up and running before you deploy those.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

First two pieces placed on the floor in front of the speakers, following the advice provided today from Monsieur Even, who looked to a few pics of my room and sent me a detailed email.

The other two are still in the box.

Let this wine breath, so to speak.

I don’t want to rush to conclusions, so let’s update tomorrow. I’ll leave you with a bit of suspense, come on!

2 Likes

If they make my wine taste better I’ll bite.

2 Likes

You’d have a better chance of them working if they were filled with Beaujolais.

2 Likes

I’m a little bit embarrassed having to admit that I’m liking the Origines B2. Why? Because they sound nice in my room.

They are not footers or vibration control devices in my experience. They are more in the Black Box camp, so to speak.
A passive thing that interacts in some ways with the room acoustic environment.

Forget usual criteria like black background, dynamics, tonal balance, brightness or warmth characteristics.

Here we are in the voodoo/magic camp, with the embarrassment it implies to me in reporting my thoughts. I tried different positions and on the floor in front of the speakers is the most relevant to improve the effect. With other 2 pieces on the rack shelves or furnitures around the system.

Call it psychoacoustic but I’m pretty sure the B2s are able to elevate the listening experience in a very pleasant and audible way but this time a different way too.

The emotional tension of a crescendo, the prolongation of the state of waiting (suspense) before the change of rhythm, the involvement in the most delicate passages that touch the chords of the emotions, the melancholy is more intense and the good peace of serenity envelops you in a visceral calm.

In short, the result is relevant to the sphere of sensations that greater contact with music can stimulate, amplify, ignite. I want to say that I’m becoming passionate about what I’m listening to not with my ears but with my soul.

In short, these Origines convey the musical message in an excellent way, bringing emotions in bunches in a truly pleasant and engaging way.

That said, I’m absolutely not recommending anyone try them, let’s be the only naive person who bought them and let’s all have a good laugh about it. In the meantime, not only have I decided to keep them but I will order 4 more because… I really like what I am perceiving with all my senses, not just hearing.

No alcol was involved during my tests. So I have improvement margins ahead with a glass of wine… cheers!

5 Likes

OK…will do! :innocent:

1 Like

Touché!

Let me add that I personally found more engagement from these B2s than from fuses and footers or Furutech tools lately. Life is strange, Italians even more, my friends!

4 Likes

Do they do anything on top of the speakers? Put them on the floor in front of speakers will not be an option in this house.

2 Likes

A basalt paving stone on the floor in front of the speakers should also ensure better sound. And if you’re lucky, your wife won’t throw it at you. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I have now heard from two people who are impressed by these little buttons. Perhaps such room tuning bothers women less. Harmonix RFA-7800 Room Tuning Devices -Test fairaudio

1 Like

On top of the speakers should be even better as per other owners. Not an option for my Otellos unfortunately.

1 Like

Luca … do they come with a 30 day money back guarantee, to allow a home trial?

I bought them from the manufacturer in Bordeaux and Stephane, the owner, wrote to me:

I can insure you that if for any reason you are not satisfied with the B2 I will refund you after the return

The second set of 4 pieces is already on the way…

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response Luca.
Certainly that increases my interest.

1 Like

Don’t do it! Let me be the one… psychoacoustic maniac! LOL

What’s your floor made of? Are your top speakers flat?