NEW ACTIVE FLOOR STANDING SPEAKER A700 from Buchardt Audio

NEW ACTIVE FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS A 700

For years people have been asking for a Buchardt floorstanding speaker - and here we are, SO excited, and finally ready to announce the A700! Yeah, it took us 8 years to offer our customers a floorstanding speaker, but we truly believe, that we have something VERY unique on our hands, which has definitely been worth the long wait!

The A700 will give you all the goodies you get from our A500 speaker, but with considerably more power! In the typical Buchardt way, you get a speaker that punches way over its weight class, both in terms of power and scale, but also in terms of its price.
Congratulations to the new speaker Mads

https://www.buchardtaudio.com/products

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Amplifiers: 4 x 150/330 watt RMS/Peak class D (each speaker)

Operating principle: 3.5-way sealed enclosure

Tweeter: 1 x 0,74" Custom fine weave soft fabric textile with CDC aluminum waveguide

Mid / woofer: 1 x 6" linear long stroke paper cone

Front / subwoofer: 2 x 6" linear long stroke paper cone

Rear / subwoofer: 2 x 6" linear long stroke paper cone

Frequency response: 17 - 40.000 Hz +/- 1.5dB

DSP: Quad Core processor

DAC chip: Dual CS4398

Crossover Point: 100 hz / 250 hz / 2800 hz

Wireless: WiSA 24 bit / 96khz. Can be paired across brands up to 7.1 setup

Cabled analogue input: Balanced / unbalanced XLR

Measurements (h x w x d): 1000 (1035 with feet) x 180 x 280 mm (39.3” x 7” x 11”)

Input voltage: 100-240 Volts AC auto adjusting (EU & US power cords incl.)

Weight: 56 kg / pair (123 lb)

Warranty: 10 years on speaker, 2 years on electronics

Speaker grilles included

Decoupling feets included

Rubber and normal spikes with disk included

4 Likes

https://www.buchardtaudio.com/a700-detailed-description

Impressive

Real high end future-fi (DARKO).

Kii3 in elegant jacket and for workman’s class price.

1200 EUR worth of Iso Acoustic principle feet included. By integral design, no 1.5 “ to 2” high external shock absorbers required.

Finally high end wireless transmission or XLR analog at choice. Why is this important: no speaker cable stupidity, that costs you another vacation with the family or another set of speakers. No time consuming and rather costly amplifier matching. Active integral design leads to top accuracy in speaker driver control.

I am dangerously tempted.

And best of all: One price globally.

These are on the list to compete with Abacus active speakers.

Pro for Abacus:

• German handmade, even the cabinets, local sourcing except of some electronic components all EU manufactured components, increasing importance. This is important. Without local manufacturing our economy will deteriorate and as we recently learned that even leads to fatally weakened supply of medical protective means
  • Abacus speakers allow analog all the way to the speaker drivers (analog filters, no DSP) and let you determine your own DAC / file formats, vinyl lover friendly
  • DOLIFET power amplifiers uniquely dynamic and transparent yet extremely efficient amps without the disadvantages of class D amps

Pro for Buchardt:

• real living room friendly by elegant Scandinavian design
  • less critical to place (allows the spouse to keep control over the budget AND interior design, helps with freeing up the budget)
  • Iso Acoustic like decoupling elegantly integrated
  • lossless wireless transmission in high quality for direct to any WISA compliant hub, including High end Primare equipment

Both have closed design cabinets which typically means that speaker positioning is less critical than with ported speakers.

Same price category, now we have the luxury to choose between interesting proposals.

Very good.

4 Likes

I don’t see the price. It might be there but I can’t see it for some reason.
Or do i have to click on something?
I am too sleepy.

It’s for a set of speakers

A700 Black (PRE-ORDER)

Sale Price:5,500.00 Euro

A700 Bundle Black (PRE-ORDER)

Sale Price:5,750.00 Euro

3 Likes

There will be a new app in the new year and new boxes are being worked on. At some point there will be new modules amp etc. So DSD is being worked on. Roon ovs also in the new year, as well as bluesound m.m.
More love Denmark

2 Likes

Great videos Michael, can you report how yours sound, I am curious how WISA (via HUB) sounds vs. wired XLR (via Pre Amp).

There is coronavirus panic, so I have not moved the other speakers away from the room. We should have made a crossover filter between Christmas and New Year. So the A700 just stands out in space staring. So I have not had a hub on. So I have not really listened to it. My wife looks a little startled when the basses shake the couch. An organ pipe of the very long is wild as it should be - tight bass. I’m bothering with my Roon set up since I’m a beginner in that area. I’m getting extra long power cables made for the speakers so I can adjust them in the room and maybe put them in my P10. They will be finished soon. Cables for equipment have arrived, as I have to move some equipment around the stereo bench. I just need to choose which ipad or similar I should buy to control my music programs, but all stores are closed until the 17th of January due to the virus. Do you have any good advice, should be used for Roon and bluesound app, Tidal etc. lol I also need a TV that I can use to watch the music programs or the way to broadcast to a TV. (70 inches) lol. I borrow some Primary equipment SC15 which can be connected on … lol. My wife say the speakers sound pretty good at low volume etc lol. She loves the sound …I miss putting my big Infinity boys on … lol

Soon comes the new app and the new box. I have worked a bit with Roon Eq on them together with master tuning … it is amazing what sound you can make and it will be easy with the new app. Buchardt hubben will probably be released by q4 this year. The app here in q1 :slightly_smiling_face:

more love Michael

3 Likes

Hi Michael, thanks for the update.

First of all:
Godt nytĂĄr til dig og din familie og venner.

I watched all the video’s you uploaded. Thanks for sharing all of this.

The only thing I don’t get:
Why the ISO Acoustics Gaia? They are redundant.

The thick rubber pad combined with the rubber feed supplied with the A700 would provide close to the same effect as the Gaia’s, if only the user in the video would not have torqued the bottom plate screws so tight that the the screws have squeezed all the air out of the foam and the foam can not absorb the oscillations of the enclosure.

The screws are only for holding the bottom plate in place during the placement of the speakers. they should not be torqued at all, such that the only force on the foam pad is the weight of the speakers and not the force induced by the torque of the screws. Then, apply the additional rubber feet and you will not need to fork out approx. another EUR 1000 for 8 pcs of ISO Acoustic Gaia III’s.

Also to my personal taste, the design of the Gaia’s especially with the outriggers don’t match the sleek scandinavian design, this is off course personal taste but the fact that the Gaia’s are rather redundant is one of the big sales arguments, sleek look and money in the pocket for those new power cables and the XLR interconnects.

1 Like

Now it’s not me who’s using Gaia’s and you’re right he’s tightening too hard. My records are a bit loose - that should be it. I also just have to try with spikes on lol

Og Godt nytår til dig og dine kære. :hearts:

Whoa. Those look fantastic.

I will be first in line if/when PS Audio sells an active speaker.

I’m a huge fan of Buchardt Audio, they’re doing some amazing things both in low cost passive and high end active speaker setups.

Their new AX00 range are quite a risky push, they’re banking the public reacting positively to the all digital chain, but the results speak for themselves, and despite being all digital, the ability to change “tunings” to a more desired frequency pattern is extremely clever.

1 Like

My A700 are also on their way to me.
Any recommendations on power & xlr cables?

1 Like

Power cables, that come with them and Atlas XLR element. Or none of you purchased it with the hub it is kind of senseless to use XLR interconnect, as the room compensation only works through the hub.

Note that room compensation/equalizer is something different than the master tunes which do also affect the XLR inputs. But room correction is not possible for the XLR inputs.

And also note that the XLR input gets converted to 24 bit 96 kHz or maybe 192 kHz immediately after the XLR input to be processed by the same DSP as the WISA wirelessly transmitted signal.

I bought the hub and I will test it and the room correction, but the speakers will be primarily connected to a reciever (Nad or Anthem), so I will have a good room correction software even without the hub.

I’m hoping that in the future there will be receivers that will be transmitting via WISA to all speakers, but im getting ahead of my self. Let’s see how the a700 is handling itself in different scenarios.

The Atlas Element XLR seems a good interconnect for that application. It is Atlas entry model audio cable but I like it. Besides, with all the master file tweaking and room correction possibilities you now have any influence of an interconnect cable seems negligible compared to the influence of the DSP options.

So any other brand audio entry model XLR cable seems OK too. I just happen to have Atlas cables as my dealer recommended them as good value for the money and the cables are no disappointment.

I make them myself as I have to use them pretty long.

And congratulations on your new A700 — What country are you from?