NEW ACTIVE FLOOR STANDING SPEAKER A700 from Buchardt Audio

I’m from Israel.
I still need to break them in, but so far their fantastic. The are smaller than I thought they looked in the pictures, but for me it’s an advantage, as I don’t have big living room.

For now I bought these cables. Hope I made the right choice

2 Likes

"And also note that the XLR input gets converted to 24 bit 96 kHz or maybe 192 kHz immediately after the XLR input to be processed by the same DSP as the WISA wirelessly transmitted signal. " Yes 192khz

That is good information. So headroom in bit rate, 24 bit and sampling frequency.

I trust that the practical audiophile who likes listening to music without fuss can enjoy these speakers without ever doubting SQ.

The multitude of options to adjust the cross over settings (master files) and equalizing curve (room adjustment) to your room and liking so easily (by USB stick or simple to use smart phone app) make these speakers a audiophile and music lover dream come true.

Sure purists have theoretically reasons to doubt the:

• Analog to Digital to Analog
    conversion in case one plans to plug in a turntable with phono stage but in practice, anno 2021, the difference is likely not to be audible to the ears. In ones mind that might be different, but that might vanish in case a comparison is made objectively without prejudice.

I was in the lucky circumstance to listen to 2 NAD set ups:

1. Audiophile set up:
  • NAD C658, streamer / pre amplifier
  • NAD C268 Hypex, modified UcD power amp
  • ATC passive shelf speakers
  1. High end set up:
  • NAD M33 streamer / integrated with Eigentakt power amps
  • Audiovector R6 ArretĂ© isobaric floor standing speakers

24 bit 96 kHz or 192 kHz is today’s standard for electronics components, streaming services and anything else.

And it sounded all extremely good.

Sure you can fork out thousands of extra dollars for more puristic analog chains, but considering the extreme decrease of return of investment I can not justify to invest in pure analogue chains anymore which seem to be simply much more expensive and often more vulnerable.

2 Likes

Just use an apple TV screen mirroring to broadcast video of Roon.

The Apple TV can also be used as a Roon end point but I like Sonore UltraRendu better for splitting out USB from ethernet. Older Apple TV 2 has a toslink ouput. The newer Apple TV 3 or 4 you can split out video to SPDIF with HDMi video or audio splitter or just use your TV Toslink set for PCM out versus other Raw audio that has more channel info for home theater

What I’m thinking is that the roon app just needs to run on a big TV 
 I have a hard time with the small screens. so must have new 75 inch TV.

I never tried that but a decent ipad screen mirror eliminates the noisy PC type server without skinny system software with bare essentials for best roon sound and another HDMI feed into the PC introducing additional system noise

I have never operated Roon except through ipad or smartphone connected to the same network.

A700 mastertunings., Mads added a “Cutoff at 30hz” under High SPL tuning folder. It trimmed my nasty energetic sub-bass mode. You guys should try it! (Note: below is my room’s measurement. Blue-stock, Red-new High SPL 30hz, Green-High SPL 40hz, Purple-Cardioid. YMMV)

PS 
 it’s not me who took the measurement

1 Like

An A300 is coming soon — it looks like the A500 and also has bass on the back. It will of course be cheaper than the A500

1 Like

“I know weird. I actually remeasured again with higher level volume and the sub bass now less steep than in the above picture. I think I was measuring at LLE level which aggravated the effect. Below is my new measurement (green) with my old S400 measurement (red). The A700 really has amazing flat measurements. I couldn’t replicate that even with DIRAC in my previous setups.” " I’m using UMIK-1"

PS 
 it’s not me who took the measurement

There is a user group on Facebook

more love Michael

MULTIPLE MASTER TUNINGS!!

MULTIPLE MASTER TUNINGS!!

“Now this is cool and unheard of in the industry! With the flexibility of such powerful DSP, we are in complete control of what we want the speaker to do. This means, that we will provide downloadable master tunings to completely change the fundamentals of the speakers sound design”

“Perfect the sound of the speaker
Expand the frequency range of the speaker
Remove even microscopic staining of the sound
Define the sound balance of the speaker at any given volume
Determine the working range of each speaker unit
Check the delay of each frequency
Create a transparent and accurate sound image
(Reconfigure the speaker from e.g. 2.5-way to 3-way or 4-way)
Protect the speaker from overload”

MASTER TUNINGS - New ones are constantly being developed

2 Likes

"An update to our loyal followers and customers :black_heart:
Topics :

1. Covid-19 situation.
  2. Buchardt Audio Worldwide Owners Group / forum.
  3. New products to come.
  4. Platin Hub updates and new features.
    Covid-19 situation.
    I think most are tired of hearing about covid 19, so let’s make this short. We have managed to do very well during the pandemic which is thanks to our sales model and nearly pure online presents. Of course we sadly had a lot of physical events we had to cancel. And it has taken its toll on especially lead times on our productions.
    For you and all around you, stay safe and let’s get this dark time behind us.
    Buchardt Audio Worldwide Owners Group / forum.
    A very nice guy named Robert Castro that also had experience with helping the Tekton owners group on facebook offered his service to do the same for Buchardt Audio. Members are growing fast which is nice to see. If you like to be a part of this, check out this link: Facebook Groups. It’s a place where customers and interested can ask questions, share setups, tips and much more.
    New products to come.
    Engineering and development have been working hard! We have a lot of interesting projects in the works currently:
    -Buchardt Wisa Preamp
    This would be our take on how we think a hub/preamp should be. We would have a trade-in program where we offer full cashback on the Platin hub if you should want to upgrade, so no need to hold back on the bundles with the Platin hub, we have you covered if you wish to upgrade.
  • A300
    This is a smaller and cheaper version of the A500 basically. It would have 5" dual voice coil front firing woofer, and one backfiring 5" subwoofer. A new smaller waveguide and a less powerful amp module. It would look pretty much like the A500, just smaller from the outside. We are aiming for a 2500 euro price point.
  • S400 Signature
    The next batch of Signatures in a new custom finish is currently in production. We have some cool new parts to show off here!
  • Subwoofer 510
    This is a 10" powerful shallow subwoofer. It would have 500watt and a very potent 10" woofer. It would have built in room correction (meaning it does not require the hub for room correction) and would be suited for both a wired passive setup, but also for a WiSA (wireless) setup. It would be quite discrete with a pretty flat design so it would not be as intrusive as a normal square sub in your living room.
  • P400
    This would be a 1000 euro passive speaker that is built on the S400 DNA, but built with some cheaper parts, mainly woofer and crossover.
  • Stands
    Keep an eye out on our website and Facebook the next couple of weeks :wink:
    Please do not ask me about more information about these coming products, we will release more information as soon as we are ready :slightly_smiling_face:
    Platin Hub updates and new features.
    We have been aware that some customers have struggled with the stability of the Platin hub. The Platin team recently released a large update that your hub downloads automatically if it’s connected to the internet. This fixed a lot of issues, but they are still working on some HDMI bugs which should be fixed very soon.
    Coming features to the hub are the new BIG app release that would include the advanced EQ, app based remote and more room correction features along with a WiSA setup that would be more used for the multichannel WiSA users.
    Roon Ready. This is all on Roon labs, they have had the hub for some time and said between 1-4 weeks until we could expect proper Roon Ready support.
    Tidal Connect. This would be coming in the second quarter of 2021.
    Even though 2020 wasn’t what we all expected, i’d like to thank you for a great year and all the support and patience i’m experiencing out there.
    Best wishes,
    Mads Buchardt
    CEO"
1 Like

There will be a lot of news - so of course I will also play with replacing the various amplifier mudules, etc.

“The Buchardt hub would be able to do DSD 256 converted to PCM over wisa. The new hub does also have XLR that also does AES (digital wired over XLR). So it would be possible to keep a wired digital connection to the speakers in the future. But this would require an hardware upgrade to the a500 / A700. We do have plans for the option in the future to upgrade the active module, which is super easy to swap. But this is most likely first around end of 2022, but it’s a part of the plan”

1 Like