New high end PS DAC in the works

I moved the forum discussion posts to here.

The discussion started with badbeef’s post, but I have left it here as it also addresses the Hawaiian Shirt idea, which is vastly more interesting and belong here.

Carry on! This is a fun thread.

A clean shaven Ted.

Hawaiian shirt: Breaking news: Paul has Bob Stadtherr designing the ultimate Heddle: More to follow:

4 Likes

So the correct loom heddle is the secret to the perfect Hawaiian shirt?

How about a TSS DAC Limited Hawaiian Edition?

7 Likes

:grin:

The real one is (at least to me) funnier:

9 Likes

Not buying it. Too restrained, not enough colors.

:grinning:

Booted up my PC just now to find a stranger in my inbox smiling at me… Are you sure that is you - Ted. I need ID. What year was the photo taken ? I think we will need blood tests. As Elk said you look too restrained.

1 Like

I think it’s the suit and tie that is weird. You look like an FBI agent. I like the clean shaven look.

Halloween 2004 - Some people didn’t recognize me at all, some looked puzzled and asked how I grew a moustache so quickly. I did it 3 or so times in my life and the reactions were similar.

Well, if you do that for RMAF nobody will bother you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And yes, you do luck better and at least 20 yrs younger!

so hard work=long beard, party time=mustache or naked

you should have a break more often :wink:

You handsome devil! I’ll bet now you spot fewer ties when eating soup.
PS—When I faced your photo at the DS Sr, the displayed momentarily read “Papa”!

1 Like

Think we love our Ted (aka Encyclopaedia that has joint forces with PSA) for what he’s achieved product wise, and even more daily contact wise here at the forum, so much that we call him handsome and are waiving the ugly / fugly Hawaiian attire!

You look the dead ringer of my high school physics teacher… spookily close !

Clean shaven does make you look more like a special agent … a government man.

But you do look good shorn… Of course you look younger – 14 years younger.
I would never have guessed it was you just from the photo when I booted up the PC this morning ! A total transformation.
But, bearded Ted as in your Avatar, you look like the Wizard we know you to be.

1 Like

I gather you are like me MR. smith. Sure, I can shave. People in my life would prefer that i did so in fact. I just do not feel right without an abundance of facial hair. Just a side effect going from full beard to shaved looks younger to people. I mean no offense If I am wrong. I figured you were in your mid 50’s. Shaved, early 40s. You do not have to feel bad because either way I am a lot older than you. My peers cannot even turn on a computer and I know C#,VB,HTML,Java ETC. Use MATLAB and Solidworks, Autodesk ETC. Still Working! I enjoy good lifestyle so I never retire.

I just got a Z06, dumped 60 grand into it(on top of the car itself), voiding the warranty to render a 1,600WHP automobile lol. The chances of me getting the SS where what? So I did my own. I am just pointing out I do not act My age.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at PS Audio. Not only did some of you do right by me, you all are a great bunch! My DS is working fine, I just do not give it any bad looks lol. P20 never a problem even though others had many. It is just luck. They built fine stuff.

Ted, how old are you? With that beard, I can’t tell if you are 24 or 204? I think … well, I think you must have used alien technology in those DACs… maybe you are from another… hmmm…

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Well, let’s see - 18 minus 4 equals 14 years ago, so Ted was in fact younger, as we all were ; )

1 Like

Over 20K for a DAC. Sorry I’m out. Pockets too shallow for that one. But it’s awesome for those who can swing it.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Plus then it makes you want that much better EVERYTHING ELSE to go with it ; )

Those Kii Three speakers look like they might be cool, but also pushing $20k… I still am enjoying the amp I cobbled together out of Bruno’s Hypex modules.