New P10 added on clean line

290 watts for all of that does sound a little odd to me.

290 watts doesn’t make sense to me. I have a pair of 300 mono’s, BHK preamp, Lampi DAC, and an Antipodes DX2 server playing music at moderate volumes and my P20 is showing 510 watts. No subwoofers - - I would think they would up the ante. Something doesn’t compute.

I thought BHKs 300s were 175w each at idle, right?

I am looking at the electronic watt gauge on the front panel that goes up to 1200. It is a quarter of the way up at around 300. Maybe I used the wrong terms. The Rel carbon subs have class D amps. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Apparently there is a bug that shows a lower value on the P15 on the analog watt output vs the screen which shows the wattage, amperage and other values.
Supposed to be rectified with the new firmware about to be released.

Thank you for clearing this up. The load is at around 55% 435 watts 6.1 Amps. Guessing that makes more sense. Will not rely on the gauge until updated. Now I see that I am probably at the limits of headroom my p15. Turning on my turntable and turntable preamp puts me at 62% and 480 watts. Does all this make sense now?

1 Like

It does indeed. Must be an amazing system!

Btw fats. The 20s really need a bit of time for break in. Placement is probably something you will be fiddling with for awhile as well. They were easily the biggest break in I have ever had - and I’m not a huge ‘break in guy’. But when I got them home - they definitely did not sound as good as the demo. Bass was ‘meh’ … Vocals sounded edgy. I wondered if my amp was good enough Then they started to bloom and previous speaker positions that sounded bad - now sounded good. So be patient. Enjoy the break in ride and please report back when you get them.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and wisdom. Will let you know when they arrive.