New P20 ..... more details please?

Spot on to both of you!

Paul McGowan said

Nothing the share just yet. In Skunk Works right now. Bigger, more power, more outlets is about all I can share right now. These things take time and change with it.

Since I have held off to upgrade my system from 2 P5 and 2 PPP units. I am eager to heard about this baby soon!

+1 I have been thinking about adding another P? to my system, and would like to know more about this P20 development. C’mon, Paul!

Paul McGowan said

P20 will be 25% taller than P10 and with handles.

Handles!

And it comes with a free gym membership so you can pump up enough to move it! laugh

It has your choice of a 20 amp IEC or a 15 amp IEC on the rear. There’s plenty more but until things are finalized I can’t really share much info - as it might be wrong.

We’re hoping to have a first public showing of the prototypes at RMAF if the prototype gods are kind to us.

pmotz said

Forklift indeed! Probably will have to go freight, and how does one get it up/down stairs? White glove delivery will be mandatory. I think SSW has got it right, the new chassis will be perfect for 600 watt monoblocks, just the thing for the new PS Audio statement speakers!

Stairs I can’t help you with, but in my case I had a 7/8" (22mm) by foot long (1/3 m) aluminum dowel that I used to roll the P10/BHK250 into the shelf on the rack (There was only an inch clearance at the top of each, so I couldn’t just lift it in. Sliding it ripped the rubber off the feet). Once in place, just lift a corner and pull the dowel out, or (in my case) put it on the Herbie’s feet and then pull the dowel out.

Don’t need no steenking forklift . . . .

–SSW

“Think like an Egyptiannnn…” Wasn’t that a Bangles song?

We have set up tech’s using such rollers to move around 1,000+ lbs. steel tools every day - - works great!

Paul McGowan said ..There's plenty more but until things are finalized I can't really share much info - as it might be wrong...
Is the electrical design a scaled-up version of P10, or completely new?

Definitely a scaled up version of the P10 but there are some other changes as well. More to come when I can.

What I would LOVE to see in the new P20 would be the ability to add aftermarket threaded feet such as Stillpoints Ultra SS or Ultra 5’s. With the P10, one has to resort to using such devices where the unit simply sits atop of them making it less secure.

Welcome, mchydro!

mchydro said

What I would LOVE to see in the new P20 would be the ability to add aftermarket threaded feet such as Stillpoints Ultra SS or Ultra 5’s. With the P10, one has to resort to using such devices where the unit simply sits atop of them making it less secure.

SVS isolation feet work great for 50 bucks. I assume it's the same base as the BHK amps? I use the SVS feet on my BHK 250. Works great.

darrenv1070: are you hearing sonic benefits with the SVS feet vs. the standard feet on the amp? If so, could you please describe their impact? Thanks!

The amp seems to be more detailed and have better sense of space. I hear no tube ring t all ( not that there was much to star with ). I use these feet on all my amps ( Emotiva for HT ) as well. These work well for super cheap money. Give them a try.

To be honest I have had them on for so long I forget what is sounded like without?

Paul McGowan said

Definitely a scaled up version of the P10 but there are some other changes as well. More to come when I can.

Paul, I'd like to see the coaxial protection like on the PPP for the new P20. Just my 2¢

I’d like to see one pair of filtered, non regenerated outlets on the P5; P10 and P20.

What kind of filtering and what would you do with it?

In my plans and if all goes well I will need 3 high power sockets, but don’t have the room for 2 P10’s!

And if I did, they would not be working under the same charge so I don’t like that…
A P20, if it has more than 2 high power sockets and can power 6 channels at 400W each might just be included in my plan!

I’ll follow this thread with attention ;o)

Hi, I’m a real newbie to this site. Like you all, I want more information on the P20! I have mainly all valve gear, not the t/t or loudspeakers, though!

My turntable runs on air, a Bergmann Sindre, loudspeakers are Quad Electrostatics and my amps are Air Tights ATM 211. Pre and phono are Nagra. Oh, I live in England. At the moment I run everything off a PPP and I’ve had no problems, touch wood. I’ve read on this forum to keep the valve amp on standby all the time. As they have a soft start, I switch them off after listening. The Quads are left on constantly, wouldn’t want to wait for those to warm up - hours and hours before the fat lady starts singing.

Although the PPP has done sterling service being kept on 24/7 I am getting impatient for the new arrival. I hope that each socket can be left on or switched off individually. I also have good old equipment that were set at 240 volts rather than the European 230 volts and would like to set one or two outputs at 240 and the remainder at 230 volts.

Cheeky one here, any guesses as to the percentage increase in retail cost? I would hazard 15%to 20%, but that is only my personal opinion.

Oh, I can’t wait, I’m inpatient.

Cheers,

Mighty Ant from over the pond.