New P20 ..... more details please?

Elk, thanks!
Makes sense. My system is very simple. In addition, I have the NAS, router, and cable modem in another room. I have (3) CAT7 Ethernet pulls for the P20, DAC, and DMP. I will use P20 in standby and have the outputs ON all the time; using dim for turning P20 panel OFF/ON. I will turn ON my BHK250, DAC, and DMP individually depending on music source. I just didn’t know if there was a benefit for having the P20 in standby, as opposed to ON and the answer seems to be the using the P20 as a switch for other components. I thought there might be some circuitry is turned off in standby. Manual does not really mention standby that much and what it can be used for…

In a few PS Audio products all the power switch on the front does is turn off the display. I’ve never thought too much about it with my PP, I just leave the PP on all the time and manually switch devices on/off individually as required. The PP remote control has been in the cupboard for 10+ years, never used.

In leaving my PP on all the time it does give me a clue if I’ve inadvertently left something on by mistake. For example, with everything off the PP display indicates idle load is 90 watts. If I forget to turn off whatever after a listening session, it’s more than that.

Brodric - thanks - I am approaching it that way. I have a very simple system. Why muck with the ON/OFF if you just dim the FP with a remote control.

A friend just replaced his P-10 with a P-20.
Here is the email he sent me:

“Scary spooky real. So involving. Hard to turn it off. Playing one of the discs you made me along with the Sibelius trio. It’s incredible!”

2 Likes

This is a trend we are, of course, happy to see. It is not unexpected. The difference between these two regenerators is significant enough to be scary. Spooky. Indeed!

Paul - what was the change in the new generation of products that you’d credit with the big improvement? Does the P12 share these qualities? Would using a P12 be overkill for source components only? Would waiting for the Stellar product make more sense or will the P12 be a large improvment over the Stellar?

The biggest change is in the circuitry that drives the outputs and the circuitry that generates the sine wave. The improved amplifier circuitry is featured in all new Power Plants from the P12 through the P20.

Overkill isn’t an issue. The bottom line is this. Whether a single preamp or an entire system, the bigger the Power Plant you go with the better the sound. It’s not only because they all have the improved circuitry, but because each in turn has more energy storage and even lower impedance which makes anything connected sound better.

thx - How upgradable do you think these will be in the future?

I have never heard 2 channel like this and it is spooky. I have the DAC up to 75 and there is no distortion, instruments have clarity in their space and room to breathe. I am afraid to crank it up; however, when I get the nerve, it just opens up more. I can hear it down the street and it is clear as day… it is like listening in a room with the music and no 2 channel. All PS Audio (DMP/DAC/BHK250/P20) and Nordost Valhalla 2 HDMI and Tyre 2 speaker cables and Valhalla 2 XLR cables. I also set up the room w/ ACS isothermal bass traps. All I want to do is listen to music 24 hrs a day. Listening to a set of Sonus Faber Guareni Evolution speakers. Every day there is another “holy crap” moment. I am listening to Queen greatest hits (regular CD) and it is just amazing. The engineers at PS Audio and Ted Smith are genius… The heck with streaming, I’m getting more SACDs and CD. I was going to go out looking at the Basis Audio 2800 and the heck with that cool aid… PS Audio needs to get Oracle streaming up and running (please take your time…) and start selling DSD CDs. I have the cost of the Basis Audio turntable worth of getting a serious SACD collection at $30/SACD… I am just blown away! I am so glad I just said… I’m going to get the biggest and baddest AC regenerator and hook it all up w/ AC12 cables.

Nice shit, isn’t it?
Ps----mine’s a Dogma F8. What’s yours?

Cervelo P3C, Project One, KTM custom, Ridley… all custom built from the ground up. All ceramic bearing (wheels and bottom brackets). Dura Ace DI2 and Ultegra DI2… Kurt Kinetics and Hammer trainer hooked to an MSI gaming laptop… training all over the world.

Yikes, you’re the real deal!!!

Sorry, you asked… I have also had a Tacx NEO trainer. I have ~30 videos I use all over the world; Spinervals… I have a cycling studio in my house and a music room… :slight_smile:

I recently did 5 days in the Italian alps with 10 lunatic friends. I took a steel Serotta, mechanical S.Record and sew ups. They were incredulous but I never got dropped once. Great fun.

Here is my cycling studio

Serrota w/ record is really nice. My Project is 13.25lbs. It has CF integrated handlebar/stem. Wheels are 1050g Zipp R202s… my hill bike. The KTM has a go pro 5 on it when I do live video, 1 sec pics for a 5min 40mi ride… that is just for training w/ custom wheels my friend built. All my cycles have Stages or 4iiii power meters.

1 Like

My GoPro set-up. Did a nice video climbing Snow Bowl in Flagstaff.

1 Like

RonP - thanks for sharing and Italian Alps are great on video, amazing in person…

1 Like

My suggestion Paul is to add a shift to increase P20 production.

I got mine in about 10 days from order to door. It was worth every bit of the wait! Huge improvement in my system from my P10!