New PS Audio speakers?

I am with you. What we’re planning would not be wife friendly to any but a few. But… having said that, there will be those among us able to accommodate a set of beasts and I believe there isn’t anything in the world of this caliber available today - at any price. I know, I know. There are speakers that sell for hundreds of thousands and I’ve managed to get acquainted with many of them - and while fine and wonderful speakers, none would cause me to give up my IRSV. None, at any price. Arnie and I aim to fix that.

Imagine a pair of 7 foot tall towers, with drivers from floor to the top as a line source. Imagine the speakers deep enough to accommodate 6 12" woofers, three per side,for a total of 12 in the system. An integrated 2100 watt servo controlled amp in each tower and DSP to integrate the bass to the room.

Sure, these bad boys would weigh perhaps 350 to 400 pounds, but other than tall, they wouldn’t visually dominate the room like the massive 4 piece IRSV setup.

If we could get these built and working well enough to replace the IRSV for me, and sell them for perhaps $50K I think that’d be amazing. I know that’s a lot of money to anyone (hell, it’s more than most cars), but compared to the cost of other state of the art systems, it’s less by far than many.

I want a pair for myself and I’m sure we’ll find a handful of folks around the world interested as well. It’ll be Arnie’s final statement on the art of reproducing music in the home. Can’t wait.

1 Like