New PS Audio speakers?

Hi Paul, I was curious if PS Audio was going to be attending Axpona this year? I know its scheduled a couple weeks after RMAF. Thanks.

I’ll be wearing a full loom of Shunyata Sigma cables.

7 Likes

…and nothing else(?).

2 Likes

That’s ALL you need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a new snake series maybe reappearing at the show First of the new Shunyata lineup.

1 Like

@aangen

Well there was Python and Mamba. What do you call the new snake? Sigma…

1 Like

The Goldenear Triton’s come to mind.

Wich midbass speaker did you use in this speaker?

I remember a time when there was a hot new product on the horizon and the interest in it, was the hottest topic being discussed on PS Audio’s forum pages.
Times have certainly changed, and interest has, to say the least, almost totally disappeared. Is the reality of trying to build and produce such a perfect great speaker more than what was expected? Will this lack of interest of late, signal a less than jubilant welcome when or if this speaker line ever becomes a reality? Hopefully this will not become the case if these speakers are ever a reality? “One thing is for sure”, if that day does come and the news speakers are anything less what PS Audio has said they will be: I think the writing on the wall will spell the end.

Paul recently indicated the speakers should definitely be released before the end of the year. He didn’t say what year, though.

He mentioned them being announced around september this year in one of his video’s I believe, but no mention of an actual release date.

The only issue I see with that announcement; how many time have heard it before?

If you don’t want to believe it, that’s up to you.

Personally I’m very keen to see what they have up their sleeves, weather it takes a year or 10 doesn’t really bother me.

2 Likes

Patience is a virtue when it comes to life and also waiting for PS Audio speakers. Thinking of Winston Churchill …never, never, never, ever…give up.

3 Likes

I thought Paul said the speakers would be ready by one of the upcoming shows this summer, or he was going to shoot somebody (hopefully that was a figure of speech).

Edit: see post below from April 26…

“We will be attending the RMAF and we will have the new speakers there as well. If not, I will be in jail for having shot someone. :slight_smile:

Seriously, we should be there with everything working and hopefully not wearing masks and so on. Not sure if we’re requiring a vaccination card or what we’re doing but those of us working the show will certainly be vaccinated.“

1 Like

104 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is PS Audio going direct sale only?

They’ve had them at s couple of shows last year, but still not released!

1 Like

There are a couple ways to look at it. I choose to believe that PS Audio is a very well funded company with a very healthy bank account and backed up by years of success. This allows them an almost endless R&D budget for anything this family owned company cares about. Speakers is obviously a multi-decade passion. A passion where they care more about the actual product than the first customer sale date.

Sure, the transparency and multiple prototypes not getting them to a releasable product is hard to watch from the sidelines. It’s much harder when you’re living it (I’ve been there). They could have released a product by now but it wouldn’t have been the right product. I’m glad they took the time to reset and get to something that is better than the original idea. Or, at least, I hope that is what we’ll see and hear later this year.

Shutting down the transparency (I have mixed feelings about this personally) is why the excitement has died. There are no “leaks” to get excited about. I’m sure we’ll all be typing away frantically when they do pull the curtain back and we have something to see. I’m sure, by this point in the iterative development cycle, it’s got to be something everyone can be proud to showoff. If not… well… more time. I just can’t imagine Paul would give-up on speakers after all this time. As I like to say when I’m in Vegas… you’ve not lost until you stop playing… you’re just down. :wink:

7 Likes

I enjoy the transparency, and I am able to keep it in perspective.

I also enjoy Paul’s excitement when he shares. I similarly understand this does not mean the project is near completion. Rather, it means Paul likes to share with like-minded individuals. Of course he does, I would too!

4 Likes

I think that the project became delayed for the right reasons when Paul hired Chris. The fundemental concept remained the same just the details were revised to incorporate the current state of the art materials and processes.

1 Like