It would be nice to see some detailed graphs from testing of the new software for those interested in such measurements.
The exercise last weekend was Aristotelian debugging, not Empirical debugging - i.e. I stared at the wall rather than doing gobs of measurements.
I realized that I might have miss simulated the main upsampling filter and that I could probably both raise it’s cutoff and make it smoother. Just to verify that I didn’t make a mistake I was checking that there wasn’t any aliasing and one explicit experiment I did was to play a 88kHz tone and check for a 200Hz tone - at the time I thought I should listen instead of just using a scope just because in general I trust my ears more than measurements, but that was a baaaaad choice this time: I blew my tweeters
I can only judge jitter with my ears and without tweeters that’s a bit of a problem. Still I’ve learned things to do in the FPGA that lower jitter and apparently they worked again after I changed the filter.
The fixes I did were obvious (in hindsight) and I only needed to verify that I didn’t screw anything up when doing them. Too bad I screwed up the testing for no screw-ups.
So: no graphs…