New Sprout100 owner - phono cartridge output question

Hi - first post. I am mostly going to be using the Sprout100 for local FLAC playback and so far have been very very happy with the sound of this DAC/amp combo. But I also own a Pro-ject RPM 5.1 with a Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 cartridge. This is a MC cart - but is considered a high output one - 2.5mV. It seems like the Sprout100 enjoys something closer to 5mV (per the instruction manual). I’ve spun a few LPs and for the most part I am enjoying the sound. But I think I am cranking the volume fairly high to get loud output. I’m wondering if I’m pushing the amp too hard to compensate for the low level input of the MC - and sacrificing sound quality. I have a Schiit Mani phone pre-amp that does accept MC - but I was hoping to keep things all in the same box and keep the analog input open. Is that 2.5mV vs. 5mV really a huge difference?

Goodmorning Dano, although I am not a Sprout owner, I can assure you that you are not pushing the amp in any way by cranking it up higher than you might expect. Don’t know if there are any switches inside to adjust input levels though… You don’t want to switch to digital input with that volume all the way up… You might be surprised what a few watts will do unexpectedly… :rofl::hugs:

Welcome, Dano!

i know this has been answered, but if you have a phono pre-amp, i would be dying to know how it sounded with that. I know keeping everything in one neat package is desirable, but sound quality would trump that for me.