OK to run the Stellar P3 in the yellow?

Hi everyone,

I hope that you are all safe and healthy. I’m loving my Stellar P3, and I can’t imagine ever having a system without everything plugged into a regenerator. I’m currently auditioning an integrated tube amp. When I tried it in my system, the P3 indicator turned yellow (90-100% of capacity). I played a couple of songs, and it never turned red (or blue). Is this an undesirable situation? Will it ultimately put too much demand on the P3 and shorten its life span? I tried the integrated plugged into the HC outlets, and, while it still sounded good, it wasn’t nearly as good as with the regenerated power.

I appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Sincerely,
Scott

Glad you’re enjoying the P3. I’m the same. At this point, a regen is practically essential for a high end system. Eeh, that’s a tricky spot to be. In the short run, the P3 will be fine, but in the long run, working constantly in the yellow isn’t great for it. I’m guessing it’s getting rather hot as well? If you decide to keep the integrated, I absolutely advise to trade up to one of the bigger guys.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have moved on from the tube amp and continue to look into other amplification options. I can’t afford to jump up to the bigger power plants right now, so I’ll find something that works with the P3.

1 Like