Oppo 105D and DS

No noticeable SQ difference to my ears, DSDs through the bridge or DoPs through the Oppo. I do notice a slighter cleaner and fuller sound when I run the DoPs through my PWT, but everything always sound better to me through the PWT. smile

radioclash said No noticeable SQ difference to my ears, DSDs through the bridge or DoPs through the Oppo. I do notice a slighter cleaner and fuller sound when I run the DoPs through my PWT, but everything always sound better to me through the PWT.
I compared the OPPO SPDIF which does a transcode to 88.2/24, to the Bridge playing the two midsummer night's dream DSD 64 tracks (from the shootout on CA), and the Bridge has more detail and clarity but we're not comparing apples to apples of course.

Yes, the comparison is different. In my case, the DS is processing the same DSD files, but the ones coming from the Oppo are in a DoP container. No reason why they should not sound the same. In your case, the Oppo DAC is processing one and the DS is processing the other.

Would be curious if you would compare the pure DSD64 output from your Oppo to the DSD64 through your bridge. There are complaints from some that DSD processed through the DS is soft, and I can hear that somewhat when I compare the two. The 105 has better analog outs than the 103, so maybe not a good comparison for you. Me, I have not decided which I like better yet.

No question in regards to redbook, though. When it comes to processing 16-44, the DS is King of The World. laugh

I think I got through to the last conversion step but for some reason cannot save the file, I’ll try a bit longer don’t know why.

radioclash, still have not been able to resolve the conversion problem so will have to give up on the comparison, sorry would have been interesting.