Out of Touch and In Need of Status Update

So much has been written in the forum threads/posts since I’ve been a regular forum participant that I’m not sure where to look for an answer to my question. I have even forgotten what the name of the product was/is… Is it “Wavestream?” Anyway, I apologize for seeking information about this the “easy way,” rather than searching the treads/posts…That said, can someone please provide me with an update as to the status of “wavestream,” or whatever the product/solution is, or will be, that addresses the streaming of gapless, Internet radio, and other Bridge-related processes…? I’ve been out of the loop.

Thank you,

_Ben

We’re waiting for Bridge II ourselves (still). So you haven’t missed much. When I snarked that ‘how difficult could it be?’ to implement streaming to the new Bridge, Paul promptly gave me a data dump of the difficulties.

–SSW

Unfortunately, very little progress has been made with all of the PS Audio network products. Heck, even the forum is struggling - but improving. :smiley:

The Bridge 2 appears to be coming along, but we still don’t know when. Maybe by the end of the year?? Probably more like early next year.

I think that the product that you are specifically looking for is the WaveStream network stream redirector. It is still in pre-beta stage and PS Audio is still trying to figure out how to finish the project. If I remember correctly, they are considering taking it to some form of open source development, but nothing has been heard of this in a while. Hey Paul, Dennis and friends, we are curious and waiting. :slight_smile:

J.P.

Thanks Streets and Wingsounds!

Bridge II? Hum…now that sounds interesting. I’ll have to read up on this. I just as soon pop in a new Bridge that will accommodate everything rather than rely on a software product (ala Wavestream). Any word on what the Bridge II will retail for…any discounts to Bridge I owners??

Thanks again!

_Ben

Dennis posted a beta version of Wavestream to sourceforge and said the source files would follow in a few days. That was at the end of June. Here’s the thread: http://www.psaudio.com/forum/latest-ps-audio-news/wavestream-with-no-expiration-released/

None of the links in that thread are currently working, at least for me. Maybe Dennis is getting ready to post an improved version. I dunno. The beta that had been posted was apparently the same as the one beta testers got ages ago, minus the expiration date. I was never able to get that version to work well enough to use (as I recall it was effectively limited to red book) and couldn’t get the “new” beta to install/run at all. I hope I’m wrong but I do not expect there to be a fully functional version of WaveStream.

I would expect PSA to offer a significant trade-in to Bridge I owners for Bridge II, which I do expect we will see at some point. Those are just guesses, of course.

timequest said

Bridge II? Hum…now that sounds interesting. I’ll have to read up on this. I just as soon pop in a new Bridge that will accommodate everything rather than rely on a software product (ala Wavestream). Any word on what the Bridge II will retail for…any discounts to Bridge I owners??

Just pop in a DS DAC and a USB cable and fugitaboutit!