P12 Voltage Dips

I wouldn’t be concerned. First off, the answer your question, there’s a snapshot taken every so often (I don’t remember the interval but it’s maybe four times an hour at most). Second, the measuring voltmeter on the Power Plant isn’t all that accurate as, say, a precision Fluke or a multimeter we might use in the lab. Its purpose is as a reference and has nothing to do with the actual performance of the device. That is handled by a precision regulator and feedback system. Looking at the data I’d say you’re doing great.

1 Like

Thank you @Serhan for the tip on raising the P12 output to 121V. It’s been nearly 2 weeks and voltage doesn’t dip below 120V. Like ever. No matter how loud I listen. It’s almost as if 121V is really the 120V setting since voltage never goes much above 120V anyway - even with the system powered off. I might try to run my Ayre VX-5 Twenty back through the P12 this weekend but the system sounds better than ever right now. Especially my analog rig. I know it was ‘only’ 1V but I had a feeling it could be remedied somehow and my OCD is tamed once again. Thank you @Paul and everyone else for taking the time to reply.

3 Likes

Hi Cliff,
This is great. Like an other component, power regenerators take time to settle in a system. I am happy to hear of sonic improvements.

1 Like

The unit/graph has settled into a thing of beauty! Absolute perfection when set to 121V. Thanks again to all.

1 Like