P15 and Sanders Sound Magtech Stereo Amp

Hi,
My first post. I have recently bought a P15 and I am thinking about buying a Sanders Sound Magtech Stereo Amp to drive my Maggie 3.7s (& possibly later replacing the Maggies with Sanders 10e electrostatics).
The Magtech outputs 500W into 8 ohms & 900W into 4 ohms; the Magneplanar 3.7s don’t drop below 4 ohms.
Can I run the Magtech through the P15, or should I limit its use to the front-end components (analogue & digital)?
I live in Australia (240V/ 10A power outlets) so the P15 should handle up to 1500W.
Thanks in advance,
Rob

Welcome to the community @roha
Congratulations on your new P15. It was an amazing addition to my system thatn I used with 700w x 2 Class D, then 500w x 2 A/B @ 4 ohms, 84db/w/m without issues. But generally spoeaking I am not into high volumes and I always hover around 40/100 to 50/100 on the preamp. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge may have some insights into 900w x 2 @ 4 ohms A/B.

Thanks Serhan.
The local dealer selling the Magtech amp has suggested a dedicated 15A or 20A power line, so I am investigating that with my electrician.

1 Like

I use the Sanders Magtech amp with my 20.7 Maggie’s and the DSD Dac & BHK Pre, all powered through my P12 with no problem. Average current draw on my P12 is only 175 watts, which is less than 25% of it’s rated capacity. Based on this, I have no doubt that the P15 would be more than adequate for use with the Magtech.

The Sanders Magtech, by the way, is just an incredible (often overlooked) amplifier. (My Pass Labs class A amp now sits in the closet!)

3 Likes

A dedicated line will certainly improve sound quality :+1:t2:
Thanks to @KenHarris for his input. You can enjoy your music using the P15.

1 Like

Thanks again, Serhan.

And many thanks to KenHarris: just what I wanted to hear. You have made my day!
PS: Looks as though we may share a surname…

3 Likes

+1 on the Sanders Sound Systems Magtech amp. I have two stereo units driving my Sanders 10e 'stats and they benefited from a dedicated 20A branch circuit. Sounds like the Maggies would present a smaller load with a single Magtech than my pair of amps into the 'stats.

And as @KenHarris states above the Magtech is a fantastic amp for driving “difficult” loads. Regulated HV bus which is quite unique to deliver serious power into very low impedance loads (like 1 ohm at higher frequencies into 'stats).

1 Like