P20 and P15 Impressions & Review

Yes, the top end needs to settle down.

2 Likes

Easy on the back weed…with my lower back challenges, had to figure out how
to shclip n schlide the box …un pack …wrastle that beast up on to a “plinth” then
schlip n schlide to it’s resting place…

Super worthwhile though…glad you chose to get your P15…and there is
a burn in time…though it is flat out good fresh out of the box…

Congratulations

1 Like

Yes! Thanks for letting us know. It’s always gratifying when someone does finally take the plunge and they realize how much they’ve been missing all along.

1 Like

I purchased a P10 and after my recent power cable upgrade I realized I’m missing a lot to the point where my next step up might be a P15 or P20 if my budget allows!

By all means Paul, if you can swing it, go for a P20. The equipment you have deserves it. I went from a P12 to a P20 and the difference was pretty massive.
The quietness and sense of ease is unparalleled. And throw in a Audio Magic Beeswax Ultimate Premier fuse as icing on the cake. Beats the heck of the SR Orange fuse I had in there before.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: What upgrade first power plant or amplifiers?

Yes, I love my P20, it’s the foundation of my system.

2 Likes

This should be included in the packing of P15 and P20s :grin:

4 Likes

Not a half bad idea. I could certainly use one when moving around my obnoxiously large SVS SB-16 Ultra. I wonder if sub manufacturers would ever start putting handles on their subs. It would look terrible but would certainly save my back when doing the sub crawl.

4 Likes

It’s a grand idea…back saver for sure!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey, that’s nice! I think I’ll check to see if something like this is available on Amazon.

I have two of them. One extra large for a 140lb amp that I have and a smaller one for smaller electronics. Many of the hardware supply houses sell them.

I’d prefer sturdier wheels, besides, lifting wasn’t as bad as originally reported.

Just wish the P15 did not respond to our TV remote control. The TV is not used much, but the cat bumped the TV remote and the P15 when blank. It is a cheap Vizio TV in our summer home. I have the OK to upgrade to a Sony 65" OLED, was going for the LG, but it’s remote interferes with the P15 functionality. Personally PS Audio should re-evaluate their remote control functionality and overlap with other brands going forward.

You could go with one of these, or a set of Hilman rollers, and then for the most effective and effortless transport an air dolly:
Cast Aluminum Propel Dolly VPRDO-6T Tilt 6 Rollers 3000 Lb. Cap.

1 Like

You still need to lift it and set it on the cart, and then again off the cart. I have, but seldom use a two wheel cart as necessary. Padding anything prior to using the cart is mandatory.

The SVS SB-16 does have nice integrated handles on the factory box.

3 Likes

Expanding on this post. When I wrote about the P10 I knew power was important I definitely didn’t know how important. Going from the P10 to P20 has been an eye opener and a monster jump in performance on my system!

My PS Audio amp journey started with the M700’s To M1200’s to the BHK 300’s. IMO there was a bigger difference going from 700’s to 1200’s then there was going from 1200 to 300’s. The extra details I heard with the 1200’s over the 700’s was huge on my system. Not that there wasn’t a difference going to BHK 300’s but the changes were more subtle.

That changed again when I plugged the BHK 300’s into the P20 the extra details coming from the BHK 300’s is beyond words! It’s like a different system with the P20! The P20 is so far the best component in my system! The P20 improved everything by a lot. 2 channel and home theater!

Simply put the P20 is the ultimate upgrade for your all audio upgrades!

6 Likes

Glad you are enjoying your upgrades. Upgrades are always better in stages do that we understand what is doing what. Wait until you get a M-1 Beeswax. You’re Poetic Waxing will be further buzzing. It is definitely a component that makes everything better especially with, cable, absorber and fuse tweaks!

1 Like

The fuse and the Dragon HC 20a will be the icing on the cake!

2 Likes

When is the Dragon HC coming home?

1 Like

I say it will be a while but who knows when Lady Luck will strike! Lol

I will let the forum family know when it arrives!

I’m using the Dragon’s little brother one behind the Firebird, Hurricane and I can tell for sure I’m not suffering! The Hurricane Power Plant 20 combo is a nice can I say blue collar solution? It’s not cheap cable but one could buy 3 Hurricane HC cables to 1 Dragon HC MSRP.

2 Likes