P5 - Is there an advantage to keep outlets switched off if not used?

Hi,

I currently only use outlets A and B for my main amp and the headphone amp. When switching the P5 on I normally switch outlets C and D off.

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if there is any advantage in doing so, like less power consumption? I assume not, as they cannot be set to “always off” in the setup.

Thanks

Gerd

Hi, Gerd and welcome!

An interesting question. I never noticed that you cannot program outlets to remain off.

I doubt it matters if they are switched off as if nothing is plugged into them, no current is flowing and the outlets are just sitting there, so to speak.

Thats what I thought, if they are just sitting there then what was the reason to allow switching them off on the front panel. And if I can switch them off then I would like to have the same option on the browser setup.

What you propose makes sense, and likely would not be difficult to add to the programming.

gerdgoebel said

Thats what I thought, if they are just sitting there then what was the reason to allow switching them off on the front panel. And if I can switch them off then I would like to have the same option on the browser setup.

I like that you can switch them off from the front panel as I use this to turn on and off certain components.