Photography

Interesting back story to the parking lot goats. There was a scientist from the Denver Zoo taking soil samples nearby. Turns out that the goats are tending to come into ever closer contact with us humans. Soil samples are being used to test the theory that salt used for winter road de-icing is being tracked into the parking lots and the unintended salt lick is what’s attracting the wildlife.

So what? The goats and bighorn sheep can contract pneumonia carried by humans, which is not conducive to species survival at 14,000 ft. The herds across Colorado are interlaced (goats do roam), so a contagion can be carried across all of the herds.

5 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

It is high class enjoyment

The Danish royal ship

6 Likes

It’s good to be the Queen.

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Ballet with cows and a garden
The wife booked a hotel in Bristol, UK, turns out she booked The Bristol in Tennessee.

3 Likes

12 Likes

I’ve got a few from a trip to Cape Breton Island 2015.

8 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

Recall an interview with long serving National Park Forest ranger who had been struck by lightening several times, When asked what it was like answered, “you never get used to it.”

5 Likes

Far south side of Chicago, 117th and Western…life!

9 Likes

7 Likes

Nothing quite like sub-zero early morning winter photography

12 Likes

I LOVE Bryce Canyon! Never been there in winter though, but I’ve always wanted to go during that time of year.

We’ve only been there in winter. We stayed at The Lodge, first time it’s ever been open in winter. It was so good we repeated the following year.

Mobile phone shot from the out and back road. I have more with the better glass I should revisit.

11 Likes

Good shot!

6 Likes