Photography

5 Likes

9 Likes

I have to say that after a long hard look, I was taken aback by the compressed perspective of this shot. I really thought that you had taken a photo of an exquisitely detailed replica of this city. I have seen model railroads and movie models with unbelievably realistic versions of cityscapes that, when properly photographed, look very similar to this.
Exactly how did you shoot this. Really very interesting.

It appears to be a tilt-shift lens. I assume the effect can be created digitally as well.

3 Likes

Something new for me to investigate. Thanks for this.

Del Mar, CA

7 Likes

I have a program in my sony that can do that. I’ll probably see if I can explain it in my poor English … lol will be back

My photo-processing software, DXO-PL5, has a feature that does it too (miniature effect)

3 Likes

Just got a photo from my house. Of course I have surveillance on. I can see all the way to Flensburg city with it lol and there is a long way

8 Likes

8 Likes

morning walk with friends and their dog

6 Likes

My beautiful country

10 Likes

Nice shot of Orion.

1 Like

6 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

:grinning: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I remember as a teenager freezing my butt off on calm Winter nights trying to resolve what details I could with my telescope of the Orion Nebula.

7 Likes

We have traveled many times out there … in our thoughts - you and me

1 Like

There will be a new experience center in our area. A zeppelin experience center … we’ve enjoyed Zeppeliner Airport in our area. So I want to make some photos when it’s done for you…

From 1864 to 1920 the Danish area “Sønderjylland”, including the city Tønder, was part of Germany.

During the First World War the German Imperial Navy operated Zeppelin airships from Tønder. The base was placed a few kilometers north of the city and was virtually self-supporting with its own gas plant, heating central and waterworks.

On July 19, 1918 the Royal Navy carried out an airraid on the base in Tønder. It was the first ever succesfull air raid launched from an aircraft carrier. The remains of the bombs used by the Royal Navy Sopwith Camels can be seen at the museum.

"The Zeppelin- and Garrison Museum in Tønder opened for the first time on May 8, 1999. The museum is situated in the vincinity of the old base and among the exhibits are the original propellers from of the airships.

Zeppelin L 19"

Here you can see the new center

3 Likes