Pink Floyd’s “Animals” pre-orders open

Not sure why they changed one of the most iconic album covers of all time. I’ve been looking forward to this for years; at least the deluxe version isn’t a total ripoff like so many lately.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s also offers a DVD audio disc in the deluxe package with the vinyl.

New cover reminds me of this:

3 Likes

One of three from a fine Vanguard blues series. Worth seeking out on vinyl.

2 Likes

Hallelujah. Will edit OP.

And pre-ordered. Sad they didn’t include the 8-track extras, but just want to complete my collection of SACD Floyd. I don’t think they’ve offered “The Wall” but honestly outside a few individual tracks, I think it’s a well-produced, flabby mess.

2 Likes

There you go. Thank you Brian.

1 Like

I think Acoustic Sounds is the only place to get the SACD.

1 Like

You are correct. They own Analogue Productions the label doing the SACD. They also did Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here on SACD. I have both and they are very good. I’d love to compare them to a good vinyl pressing.

1 Like

My dogs are gonna go crazy when they hear this in 5.1 surround.

3 Likes

I would like the DVD-Audio, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to just buy that alone. Am I missing something?

Let the ripping begin!

As soon as mine gets here it’s getting ripped and moved to my Roon.

2 Likes

That was my thought on the DVD-A - I can rip those here, the blu-ray audio is available separately, and has the higher res versions of the same PCM masters as the DVD-A (192/24 vs 48/24), but I don’t have the facility to rip blu-ray here :frowning:

1 Like

I was going to rip to DSD64 and listen to it first compared to the disc coming out of the Oppo over Coax and Optical into the DS. Guessing I don’t hear a difference. I didn’t with Dark Side of the Moon.

1 Like

I oughta dig out my original release CD, see how it actually sounds to me these days, chasing higher res may be pointless. I am interested to hear the new mix, as well as a better transfer of the original master - I have the DVD-A of Hawkwind Warrior on the Edge (no sniggering at the back!) and I found the new transfer of the original mix preferable to the new mix (if that makes any sense, it is late here) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am glad I read this thread. I ordered the multi format big box. I would order the SACD too but I don’t own an SACD player. Oh wait, I actually do. It’s at @paul172 house. Hmmmm.

It’s my favorite PF album, easily.

4 Likes

We can swap it out with the ethos. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I’ll order the SACD I play them once rip the DSD layer to my HD and then it will sit on the shelf. I don’t hear a difference between the physical disc and the digital file created from it so I prefer the dsd file played thru my Aries G2.

2 Likes

I can store it on my shelf. :wink:

4 Likes

If you want to experience the PST Paul can drive it over to you. Spend a couple of weeks with it. Could be costly. :wink: