Pitch and woo

OK gang. Something new to think about. Remember those mix tapes we made on cassette or 8 track? What were some of the romantic songs we put on them to try to romance the fair sex? If you did it on 8 track, have any funny stories about how the clunk it made when switching tracks came at just the wrong time?
Here’s some of mine:
Bread - Make It With You. Bread was a good go-to when it came to love songs.
Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop. I went to his concert in Indianapolis with the first girl I was engaged to.
Elton John - Your Song. You can tell the Elton put a lot of his heart in that song.
Crosby, Stills, and Nash - Just a Song Before I Go. CSN were some of the best harmonies, ever.

There’s a few of mine. Your turn. Our music was a good tool for melting her heart. What were some of yours?

In hindsight, cassettes weren’t really that bad if played on your home stereo, but sounded like crap on most car stereos.

Time for True Confessions. Let’s hear em.

Olden romantically,

Mongo

Though I once stuffed an 8-track player into the glove box of a VW back in the day, I didn’t start making love song tapes until cassettes were out. I cannot remember all the tracks I laid down, but one comes to mind as it is not something you’d expect.

Al DiMeola’s “Passion, Grace & Fire”.

It seems likely there were a couple tracks from Bonnie Raitt as well. I resisted the urge to include John Hartford’s “The Golden Globe Award”. :wink:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :thinking: :innocent:

I’m an audiophile…what’s romance?

2 Likes

It’s when you fall in love with your equipment, or when you play with your equipment :sweat_smile:

4 Likes