Popping sound related to Directstream Junior?

Popping during tracks is very likely different than popping between tracks. Popping between tracks is all too common, many sources go to PCM 0’s for a little between tracks, this will cause a little tick if the track that’s ending hasn’t ramped down to 0 or the track that’s starting doesn’t ramp up. I’m not quite sure why but it seems to me that even with a perfect gapless implementation on all sides when the ending level of the old stream doesn’t match the beginning level of the new stream that the transition in DSD is more audible than the similar transition in PCM.

There is definitely a bug in the most recent Bridge code that can cause ticks during play in DSD (I don’t know much about the details.)

There is also a bug in the FPGA code in Redcloud that can cause ticks (or blurbles) in loud material with volumes near 100. You can test for this bug by turning the volume down a little. If the quality of the tick changes and then goes away as the volume is lowered you are encountering the FPGA bug, if not, you may be encountering the Bridge bug or perhaps something like a bad cable, bad buffer size settings in your player, etc.