Power cord - Sprout value added

Good morning all.

Kick-starter supporter #20 here. Thanks for the autograph Scott.

Scott and Paul, thank you. What a BARGAIN for us early adopters.

How similar is the beautiful, red, included power cord to the PS Audio AC-3?

What is the gauge of the Sprout power cord?

No comments from me on the sound quality yet. As a non-millennial (you will remember Paul, old like you - 68 in a few months) life and work have kept me from really getting into it yet. But…

Had it up and running with ear buds and streaming iPhone within a couple of minutes. :-)

I look forward to the answers to the two questions about AND enjoying the simplicity of the Sprout compared to my Big Rig.

Bruce

Rather than the AC-3, it looks as if the power cord is similar to the PS Audio Jewel cord.

Yes it’s a jewel, and I believe it’s bundled only with the 1st (kickstarter) units; after which it may become an optional extra.

Thanks plcomp.

I am new to the PS Audio power cord assortment and did not know about the jewel. As I gather it is a multi-shielded, 12 ga with high purity copper.

Bruce

Bruce, it’s PSA’s entry-level cable; sadly not available any more AFAIK, execept perhaps to be bundled with Sprout, in fire engine red. The Jewel is definately better than the standard stock cable supplied, so this is a great gesture from PSA to include it in the kickstarter units. Adds value, for sure!

Just got my Sprout! I’m a little confused, does the power cord come separately? I had the stock black regular cord in the box but no fancy red one anywhere to be found.

Ravi:

My understanding is that all of us who were Kickstarter backers will be receiving the PS Audio “red” cable. Perhaps a call to PS Audio is in order as it should have been in the box with the Sprout.

Can you email me and give me your address? That should have been in the box if you purchased on Kickstarter.

Paul McGowan said Can you email me and give me your address? That should have been in the box if you purchased on Kickstarter.
Thanks Paul. I went ahead and shot an email to paul@psaudio.com (assuming that's you).

It is and I received it. Thanks and sorry about that! One slipped through the cracks.

Paul McGowan said It is and I received it. Thanks and sorry about that! One slipped through the cracks.
Make that two. Mine arrived today, no Jewel power cord. Will send you an email as well.

The cable looks good, however, I order the international version and it comes with a Euro plug, the add on UK 13A plug is just like a travel plug. When I use it, seems it is not grounded.

Can you advice how can I uninstall the Euro plug, and install a UK plug myself (without cutting the cable near the plug, which I lost some length)

The cable is hermetically sealed and while you can cut off the end and then reterminate it, it’s not easy or pretty.

Hi there,

I got my Sprout one week ago and I am running it with a Shunyata Diamondback PC because My Sprout came with a regular black PC, Now I need to know if some one try another Power Cord getting a great results because I want to buy a better Power Cord for my Sprout.

I like what I got from the Shunyata but I want MORE no matter what brand is so many brand on the market but I want to go with the righ one for my Sprout, remeber we have digital and amp together the Power Cord have to manage both at the same time…

THK

KS