Power Plant for the pure class A amplifier?

Hello!

I own a pair of the Pass Labs XA200 class A monoblocks.
Is that reasonable to purchase power regenerator for them considering that those monoblock draw constant current regardless to input signal? Is there will be noticeable improvement?

Thanks!

Hi @zver_mephi
Two units of Pass Labs XA200 would draw 1520 watts (760 x 2). I would consider P20 for these, and that would allow for source components too. Will there be a serious sonic improvement? So far, almost all people who bought a power plant say their sound quality improved and the improvement was not subtle at all, me included.

I’d say yes! I own the XA100 class A blocks, and run them along with the BHK pre and DSD on just above 500W continously on my P15.

Sonic effect was beyond my expectation when I first connected everything, but it will of course depend on that you run your other stuff as well from the Power plant. To just use a P15/P20 just for the monoblocks might not be something that would pay off that much sonically.

1 Like

With the XA200s I’d definitely want to give them ample headroom. The P20 will be able to do this for them. Regardless of amp architecture, the SQ improvements plugging them into a regenerator can be absolutely huge!

3 Likes

Absolutely yes !!! zver_mephi Go for it …you will not regret getting the P20!!

3 Likes

I using a P20 with my Gryphon and it makes a difference I enjoy.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention above, that adding the P15 to my PassLabs XA100’s definitely gave them so much more power for transients and base. However good without, but adding the Power plant made them sing more than ever.

3 Likes

Same great experience with two Plinius SA 103 bridged as mono blocks and plugged in a P20.

2 Likes

My incredibly powerful :wink: 3 watt per channel class A Monoblocks are transformed by the P10 or P15.

4 Likes

PS Audio regenerators have taken my system to a whole
new high level of consistent sound quality day or night…

You cannot go wrong adding a P20 to your system…
it will only add :smile: :smile: :grin: to your :musical_score: :notes: :musical_note: :musical_keyboard: :violin: :trumpet: :saxophone: :guitar:

Best wishes in your audio journey

2 Likes