I just purchased a New Old Stock Power Plant Premier (PPP).
It does make a significant improvement to my system (ARC, Krell and Levinson equipment) enjoying very much.
I have found the output ‘adjustment’ pot on the bottom of my unit. I adjusted to 120v with my Fluke Meter.
My input voltage from Sawnee Power here in Georgia is 124.8. I have found a Service Manual online that says for units:
Serial numbers PPP-7J and earlier.
The procedure in this Service Manual does not let me adjust the input/output Display to Calibrate to match the actuals.
My unit does not adjust voltage up/down by using the Mode up/Down.
Does anyone have a later PPP Service Manual ? Or a procedure that works ?
Here is the Procedure in the early Service Manual.
- With the unit in standby, press the Mode Down, Mode Up and Power Button
- The 3-digit display should light up. The logo and buttons should not be backlit.
This tells you that you are in calibration mode.
- The first reading on the display is the incoming voltage. To scroll to other
readings, press the Display button. It will scroll through the readings in the
- Input Voltage – Lights On: Input + Volts
- Output Voltage – Lights On: Diff + Volts
- Input Distortion – Lights On: Input + Dist %
- Output Distortion – Lights On: Reduct + Dist %
- Start with the Input Voltage Calibration.
a. Make sure the Input + Volts Lights Are On.
b. Use the mode up / down buttons to calibrate the reading until the reading
matches the actual input voltage.
- Now Calibrate The Output Voltage.
a. Press the Display button once.
b. Make sure the Diff + Volts Lights Are On.
c. Use the mode up / down buttons to calibrate the reading until the reading
matches the actual output voltage. (NOTE regenerator is not active during
- Distortion readings do not normally need calibration, but they can be adjusted the
- Press the power button to turn the unit off.
- Turn unit back on in “normal” mode.