PowerPlay Promo

Thanks, but my P15 has been registered since about Day 1. I never noticed the ethernet port on the back because I never heard of PowerPlay and didn’t know there was any reason to notice the port. It would seem the PowerPlay info would logically be on the Power Products pages, where a user might naturally look for info about the product, but there’s absolutely no mention of it on any P15 or P20 pages, and or even on PowerPlant page under My PS (of all places). I don’t find it in the manual either. So where is PowerPlant documented?

It is mentioned in the manual for earlier products, such as the P5, but probably not in the latest product manuals as the feature was not available for a good while.

It is self-explanatory once you access the page so there really is nothing to document. It is very simple.

What page is that? I keep asking and no one answers. Certainly, you can’t mean this, which explains nothing:

“ It looks like you don’t have any PowerPlay-enabled products registered, or your devices aren’t connected to the internet.

You can register PS Audio products you have purchased here.”

I have answered every one of your questions. See, my post above - click. Once you access your PowerPlant’s PowerPlay page what is available will be self-explanatory. I have posted exemplars of two of the graphs you will see (there are two more, wattage and temperature). There is the option of viewing data relating to various date ranges, and a download data button to obtain a .csv file of the data. This is all PowerPlay does.

You will not see anything on the PowerPlay page ( https://www.psaudio.com/my-ps/powerplay/) until you register your PowerPlant (which I understand you have done), connect your PowerPlant to the Internet (not just your LAN), and then access the PowerPlay page using any browser. It takes just a little bit of effort to be up and running.

While PowerPlay does not improve the function of your PowerPlant, and makes no difference to its operation, it is fun to see what your power is like over time.

You seem angry. Why is this upsetting you? You are being provided with an amusing new feature. Free.

1 Like

Don’t confuse persistence with anger. Just trying to figure out where the information is and has been. How can someone who reads product pages and manuals assiduously not have heard of PowerPlay? James said my question is reasonable and apparently I’m not alone in being unaware. The page you cite shows exactly what I just quoted, which does not in any way describe what PowerPlay is. Since all my Power Plants have been registered upon receipt, it must be the internet connection. If I do that, does the page, like Clark Kent, transform into something else? Still, if it does, how would one know what PowerPlay is before doing that? I’ve made my point and hopefully someone from PS Audio will take heed.

Once you see the page as Elk describes, it will become a little clearer at least. If you’re keen to do a bit of troubleshooting, the best place to start is to see if your Power Plant is configured with a network address. Since you’ve not previously heard of PowerPlay, there’s a good chance your Power Plants were never configured with network addresses. Trouble is you’ll need access to the front panel. If it’s facing a wall that may be a little difficult. If you have an ethernet cable plugged into the jack and it’s connected to your LAN you can at least see if the lights on the Power Plant’s ethernet plug are flickering but you’ll really need to access the network configuration page via the front panel to be sure.

2 Likes

Well I do not know how many times I have sent my serial numbers to PS audio so they can be registered … only a few of my products succeed — they are deleted

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

It is perfectly reasonable many users do not all know what PowerPlay is. It has been out of the picture for a couple of years.

You have now heard of PowerPlay, been told in detail what it is, and aware of what you need to do to access it, etc. Yet, you keep repeating the same questions as if you have not been provided answers.

Mike adds an excellent point regarding configuring a network address.

What specifically do you need/want to know which has not already been addressed?

I raised two issues: What is PP and where is it documented (so I wouldn’t have thought to post in the first place)? You answered the first, but missed that I was primarily addressing the second, something James implicitly picked up on immediately. I now replied to Scott McGowan’s email directly, which I should have done first instead of posting here. Lesson learned.

Actually, I answered that question early on as well in this post, and cited the PowerPlay page here. I also answered a number of other questions you asked.

There truly is not anything else to know. Really. :slight_smile:

Do you now need anything further or are you now set?

You wrote, in addition to providing graphs – thank you – and PP being in the P5 manual, “It is self-explanatory once you access the page so there really is nothing to document. It is very simple.”

That you think of what’s on the page you linked as a substitute for documentation is what I learned.

I am sorry I was of insufficient help. If there is something I can do, please let me know.

Have you made any attempt to connect to the service?

1 Like

In the past I’d never connected either of my two P10s to my hub (a shame because a problem I had with one may have been identified).

Anyway, the P10s are out of warranty but I believe the serial numbers will be correctly registered. The setup page shows that they have IP addresses. I connected both to a hub and I have one permanent light (green) on and the other (orange) flashed every few seconds.

When I first connected the P10s they were powered up but in standby. I then took them out of standby.

When I look at the PowerPlay page within MyPS it says I don’t appear to have any registered products.

Help would be appreciated, thanks, Dan.

UPDATE - I have green globe on both P10s. Also, I’ve moved the connection directly to the router. Still no luck.

Hey Dan,

As James wrote earlier there’re 2 parts to getting PowerPlay to work. The first is product registration and the second is of course LAN connectivity.

To confirm product registration go to the ‘My Products’ page (an item under the ‘My PS’ tab). Confirm that your P10s are registered and that the serial numbers are correct. One of mine was incorrect so I had to ‘unregister’ and re-register to correct the entry. The P10s are listed as ‘PerfectWave’ products.

That’s probably the easier part. Next is LAN connectivity. It’s a start that you at least have a connection to your LAN. The flashing lights only give you part of the picture as it only indicates that the P10s are seeing LAN traffic but may not be able to communicate themselves. At least a couple of ways to check this. Take note of the IP address you see on one of the P10’s network configuration page. Using a browser on a PC or device that can access your LAN, type the IP address in the browser’s address bar as “http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” where “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” is the IP address. If you’re familiar with using, for example, the Windows command prompt, you can also try the “ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” command. If the browser can’t connect to the P10’s web page or the P10 does not answer the “ping” then most likely the P10’s network configuration details are incorrect.

To avoid making this post too long, I’ll leave it there for the moment. Let us know how you go and if you’d like some help correcting the configuration (if that is indeed the issue :wink: )

1 Like

Thank you, Mike

Thanks Mike and Elk. I can confirm that my browser can see the power plants, i.e. System, Config and Network. The serial numbers that are registered also look correct. I have the green globe on the left of the upper status area of the P10 screens. I’ll PM Elk and attempt to insert photos of the P10 IP settings. Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I was not of further help. The settings look OK and as long as the Power Plants can see the outside Internet, and the products are registered, everything should work. My only suggestion was to try deleting the products from PS Audio’s site and re-registering.

Thanks Elk. I unregistered and reregistered just one of the two P10s. I also used the back panel switches to turn both P10s off and then on again.

So far, PowerPlay is still reporting that I don’t have any suitable products.

I’ll email support, thanks.

Argh

Good luck!

I used to use the LAN connectivity of my Powerplant as a remote control to switch components on and off. Found it very handy when I was feeling very lazy.

This is a great promotion, but in the UK it makes the listed price of these products almost exactly double the USA price.