PS Audio DACs: Present and Future

I think a couple of their “large Internet presence” dealers got caught straying from that as was the case with some Auralic dealers so that discounting is pretty non-existent.

1 Like

Hi! I would love to get regular HDMI audio decoded by the DS mk II so I can enjoy the ultimate stereo sound also from my Apple TV4k in my dedicated stereo hifi and cinema man cave… Possibly HDMI IN that takes out the audio and forwards video (or just passthrough) to HDMI OUT. Is this doable in the DS mkII? I tried a Bryston BDA3 which has this feature, quite nice and a good selling point as well…

Best Tom :slight_smile:

I don’t think so and I don’t think RAAT brings anything. This is just marketing

Do you use Roon?

Why didn’t you open a thread to let us know about bridges problems ? Why are you still selling the Bridge II if it causes so many problems ?

1 Like

The Bridge injecting noise is not really the current Bridge hardware’s problem. Any streaming implementation will have to have an Ethernet PHY and a software stack. That implies a fast processor and those make electrical and RF noise. That’s precisely why I don’t want any network streamer in the DAC’s box.

FWIW I have nothing to do with the Bridge, I don’t have anything to do with it’s hardware, it’s software or even use one. From the FPGA’s view the Bridge is just another I2S source. And, just in case you didn’t know I don’t work for PS Audio. I design the DS digital and analog boards and write the FPGA code.

7 Likes

Not yet, just trying on a simple computer and didn’t bring what I wanted. Can’t understand the use. I’m planning to buy everything is wrong according to PS-AUDIO : a ripper with great database management and streamer, all in the same box.
There’s going to be a war with other brand having their roon similar software BUT with library management

The firmware archives section of the downloads page of the support menu. Right next to the latest product firmware.

2 Likes

Thanks, Ted

I suggest you trial Roon and then decide. Roon RAAT requires specific hardware, but can be inexpensive to setup using an up to date computer, and RPI.

RAAT is different than DLNA / UPnP. You can read about in the Roon Community Forums.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sunlight: Sound Impressions