PWT DISC DRIVE

My PWT now is 4 years old and I need to replace the rom drive what I would like to know from any who has changed there drive what brand did you use and did you have any problems is just as easy to got to the computer store and buy the slowest speed drive they have and replace regardless of brand , any input would be welcomed .

Thank you

@shihan171, the drive is an Asus DVD-E818AAT/BLK, but I’m pretty sure it has an Asus-built version of FW running on it that has some PS Audio tweaks. You’re best bet is to call Mayoura at PS Audio and just get a replacement. It’s easy enough to do yourself if you ask that the replacement be sent to you. Four screws, cable. One screw - I think the back right - is a little tricky to remove and replace since there is another part of the PWT that limits the open space for a screwdriver. But it can be done.

+1

One of the specific tweaks is the ability to run at 1x speed, something very few modern DVD drives are capable of doing.

shihan171 said My PWT now is 4 years old and I need to replace the rom drive what I would like to know from any who has changed there drive what brand did you use and did you have any problems is just as easy to got to the computer store and buy the slowest speed drive they have and replace regardless of brand , any input would be welcomed .

Thank you

Is there any chance of the PWT getting a drive capable of doing Blu-ray Pure Audio? Also I noticed on the home page of psaudio when the PWT Scrolls across the screen it says it can do dsd but thats the only place I ever see dsd mentioned…in what way does it do dsd ?

No, no chance because the internal circuitry could not support Blu Ray.

You can take any DoP file, change its extension to .wav in a text editor and then play that file from the PWT using a DVD to record the data. I do it all the time.