PWT, Is it worth buying it second-hand today?

It’s to be expected that the drive would need to be replaced. Talk to Taylor at PSA he can point you in the right direction. When I first go my used PWT he was very helpful. You’ll need to see which drive your unit has. IDE or SATA.
I have upgraded to the PST and the new MK2 beta but I’m still holding on to the PWT it still can hold its own. I’m sure others will share my sentiments.
The drive is very quite you should hear nothing.

1 Like

PSA might be able to tell you using the serial number but I’m sure that you will need to open it to see. When opening you’ll need to place the unit upside down on a soft cotton cloth. Remove the circled screws. Grab left and right sides of unit and lift carefully, you may need to bump it slightly. PSA might have a video as well.

1 Like

I showed you the screw locations and general instruction but it’s not an easy lid removal. Please send PSA a request for the lid removal instructions, they have a document that they can email you.

Also, check their “how to” pages on the website.

Lots of good info there and a good chance this subject is addressed…

Good luck.

1 Like

To make it easy and to open the unit the way it is intended to be done ask PS audio for a set of all threads. They will send them to you. You can look at the video they have on how to open the Perfectwave DAC to upgrade it to Directstream. It is very easy to do with the right tools!

2 Likes

Yes, it is a piece of cake to open the box with “all threads”

2 Likes