Question for Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB owners

Right now I am auditioning an Inakustik USB, a great cable with excellent detail. As is usually the case with USB cables that I have auditioned, it is lacking some of the “air” that I get with music played through my Perfect Wave transport. Granted the transport is quite a few thousands more that the Wireworld, but will the Wireworld give me some of that air that I am missing or am I just chasing my tail here?

Wow, great question. It’s been too long since I have listened to either so I have to bow out. I could send you the Wireworld to try. You pay postage on return.

3 Likes

What a wonderful offer! I am hoping to spend a few more weeks auditioning this excellent
Inakustik, but may very well circle back to take you up on your offer. Really like this Inaukustik, I am probably hoping for a little too much, expecting a $400 cable to sound like a 3k transport. At any rate, thank you for turning me towards this cable, it is a gem for sure.

If you would like to sell your Inaukustik for a less than retail, let me know. I’m always looking to save pennies in this hobby!

I plan to keep all my USB cables as I think I have some sort of need to have the most. It is nice that I can lend them out for people to try. I offered to send my Stealth USB cable to a user here and he wisely refused. I am in a position to loan out stupidly expensive cables I suppose. Thankfully I don’t include the Wireworld Platinum in the stupidly expensive category.

Gimme a shout if you want to try it. Honestly I don’t think there is a significant difference between the WW Platinum and the Inakustik.

2 Likes

Wonderfully kind, Al

1 Like

I ordered and its suppose to arrive today the WW Starlight Platinum 8. Not sure what the difference is over the good or bad. I’m hoping its as good as the reviews I’ve seen on the 7!

2 Likes

The wireworld PS7 HDMI cables give one a feeling of Air after the Matrix. It felt akin to high frequency noise or fuzz ( igray background) to me when compared to RAL HDMI I never tried the WW USB but was an early adopter of the Inakustik Referenz USB. Never felt need to pursue a 2K Plus USB yet. But Pursuing cables can be an affliction and addiction.

I did notice when auditioning ultra high end electronics and speakers in the 250k plus system range a lot of them produced more of the gray background the higher in price instead of blacker background I prefer in my own system. I was not sure of whether it was noisy cables or just high signal to noise ratio and ultra speaker resolution causing the gray sound and exposing recording source limits. I do prefer the pitch black ultra quiet background. Sounding to gray spoils my enjoyment. Though I have been to live amplified events where the gray air is there.

1 Like

Hi Al. Do you have any Shuyata USB loaners? Lol

1 Like

I really think this Inakustik is going to be a keeper. Hard to imagine finding a better cable, to keep trying would involve a lot of tail chasing. With any great cable, the good pressings sound really good and bad pressings sound really bad. Every time I think that the cable sounds like doo-doo I have to remind myself, It’s the pressing it’s the pressing!

My early New Years resolution? More time listening and less time chasing my tail!

3 Likes

Hi Paul. My Shunyata Sigma USB cable is currently in use in my system between my Pink Faun and my DAC. My Stealth is not long enough. When the Grimm MU1 arrives the Shunyata will be free so then I’ll be able to loan it out.

Thankfully Shunyata has created newer cables that are even more expensive!

I just tried the Wireworld PS8. It’s the best I’ve heard in my system so far. I thought I’ve read you liked the wireworld USB cables prior to the Shunyata. I’m afraid if I borrow the shunyata it will make me want to buy one for myself.

1 Like

I am quite confident your new version 8 (!) cable is excellent and your quest for perfection can end. Congrats! I am envious of you!

I’ve been perfectly content with my Inakustik USB for a while and have no desire to look around any time soon.

2 Likes

Thanks Al. I think that’s the answer I needed! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I did a lot of comparisons of usb cables, including the Shunyata Omega, and ended up buying the ChordMusic. One level down, the Chord Sarum T was slightly better than the Shunyata Sigma, at least in my system.

I also bought a Chord aes Sarum T, which was better than WIreworld etc.

Most of my other cables are Wireworld Platinum, but for digital, Chord is the best that I have tried. There is always better of course, …

I don’t know if Chord is available in the US, though.

1 Like

Yes, their products are available in the US.

1 Like

I’m using the WW Platinum 8’s for ethernet and XLR interconnects and Electra 7’s power cord. All phenomenal cables. The 8 series are another level up in sound quality than the 7 series. I have the 7 series interconnects also. All the WW cables are a step above almost everything I tried, unless you go to the uber expensive stuff.

1 Like

How was your break-in experience with the Inakustik? Do they open up and warm up a little? Don’t have enough hours on them right now to notice any changes. These things are insulated so well, not only do they not let in any noise but they don’t let in any air or warmth either!

I got the Inakustik cable right before delivery of the May KTE so they broke in together. Now that they are both broken-in I find it to be a pretty neutral cable. The previous Wireworld and TWL cables were on the warmer side and sometimes too much so. The price was so low that I ordered one of Inakustik’s premium HDMI cables just to see how it sounds on the CD transport. Can always move it to video duty if I don’t like the sound of it.

4 Likes