Question on my new BHK 250

@sixpack1 - Yeah, pretty sturdy stuff and has not warped, cracked, deformed in the least over that last 7 months with all that weight. The BHK preamp was just added this week. The P20, BHK250, DAC… have been in that configuration since the initial configuration. The rack company also sells different height poles separately so I will have this rack for quite some time in many different configurations. Here is a big picture of my music room.

room%20121718

Looks very nice. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my system.

1 Like

@sixpack1 - I digested the glass shelf weight spec 7 months ago and made decisions then and remembered it was over 200lbs. Here are the actual specifications.

rack_01

1 Like

@cardri,
Nice looking setup. I always liked the look of glass shelving. Glass has a lot higher yield and tensile strength than most people think. What it cant take is a point load (which violates both locally). A good friend had a custom glass shop and made some stuff you wouldn’t think possible unless you saw it in person. He is gone now and will be forever missed. Where did you buy the rack?

1 Like

@Baldy - VTI Manufacturing - I can also get additional glass shelves and different heights posts to reconfigure the rack at will. My next step is to add another 9.5in shelf when I trade in the BHK250 stereo amp for dual BHK300 amps. Those are not ordinary glass shelves. They are a little thicker than 3/8in (10mm as speced). The rack is designed for heavy audio equipment.

Thanks!

You’re welcome…

1 Like

Man that’s a pretty car. Love the rims. 1962?
Here’s mine:

1 Like

trim… 61; LS3 w/ Whipple 2.9L - just shy of 1KHP…

'16 Z06 stock <2200 miles. A good friend had a fuelie '58 or '59. Your blown '61 would surely outrun my Z. Have always had and loved hot rods. This is the first car I ever owned that I haven’t changed anything on. I must be getting old…

Here is my other car… 600HP fully blown… 383 stroker w/ 6V-71 TBS blower…

1 Like

Get out and drive that thing, What are you saving it for, the next owner?

I put 15,000 - 20,000 /year on my Z06 - track, twisties, commuting, groceries, etc. It is an easy and fun car to drive.

@elk - Sorry about the thread wandering - saw Baldy’s Z06 and got excited. I will wander back…

Not a problem, we wander frequently - like a dog walking on a long leash we eventually end up where we are supposed to.

1 Like

Nice street rod. Always liked the sound of a roots blower and a gear drive camshaft.
Not saving it for anything in particular. Tore up my back right after I got it and couldn’t get into or out of for a couple years.
Back on subject now…

1 Like

I thought I’d give an update…
I received the Tungsram tubes a while back but waited until I got Herbie’s SS-9 dampeners to install both together.

Wow! Very happy now. I’m pulling out old records I haven’t played for decades.
I am very, very impressed :slight_smile:

Thanks again to all who responded. Your help was invaluable and much appreciated.

Mark

I have a BHK250 en route…was supposed to be here tomorrow but got stuck in severe weather in Philly per UPS. DOH! I was so pumped to get it here on a Friday afternoon. The anticipation is gnawing at me! I’ve got a pair of Amperex 7308’s I’m gonna drop in when it gets here.

Lucky! I’m assuming you’re looking for someone’s “two cents” worth, so here’s mine: Listen to it for a month before you change the tubes.

1 Like

I agree with Ron. Get your break-in done with the free tubes plus you’ll know there good if one of the Amperex’s fail and you need a back-up set. The GL’s are not bad tubes at all.

I agree with ya’ll’s point…it’ll be a game time decision to see if I can resist the temptation :sunglasses: