Recommendations forspeakers to go with the full stellar stack. (Gain cell and mono blocks)

I run GoldenEar Triton References in my 12 x 14 room with the Stellar stack. Sounds wonderful, especially with full orchestra crescendos. I’ve been keeping the subwoofer controls at the mid-point default level, although I will occasionally turn them down a little for overcooked bass tracks.

That is good to hear.

I would audition the Vandersteen Treo CT or the Quatro CT if you want extended bass response. I am trying to make the same choice with the electronics you have. Good luck!

I’m not a huge fan of passive radiators (yet I know they can be done right as well), do you notice any boominess in yours? That’s my only question about Goldenears, but they are neck in neck with Maggies on my Stellar want list.

@stonefree1911 I agree with you on the passive radiators, but I have a pair of Triton 1’s and if they ever sound boomy I turn the sub knob back a touch. They’ve never sounded bloated. However, I have four large bass traps in the corners and four smaller ones underneath my diffusion panels.

Not real boominess, aside from the aforementioned “overcooked” bass on some tracks. One example:
the Pure Audiophile re-issue of “Soular Energy” on 200g colored vinyl – originally issued on Concord Records. I know it’s “The” Ray Brown Trio, but c’mon, Stan Ricker… turn that bass gain down from 11!

But that record has always been problematic…never mind the Triton References.