Ripping DSD from SACD

I’m a little late to the game in attempting to use my Oppo 103D to rip the DSD layer of my SACD’s, and I can’t seem to get it to work…

For some reason, it doesn’t seem like the autoscript is working when I plug the USB stick into the Oppo (drawer doesn’t open). Is it possible that an auto firmware update has killed the ability to do this?

Never mind… I had tried 4 different USB flash drives, so didn’t think that could be an issue. However, I found a mention on another forum that USB 3.0 drives might not work… Dug up the oldest flash drive I could find, tried it, and damned if it didn’t work…:smirk:

There is a really good thread I think over at Tom’s I’ll check when i get home. What seemed to to do the tick for me was going into the Oppo menu and verifying the IP address, and making sure no other USB devices were plugged in. I sometimes have to power on, off wait, then on for the drawer to open.

Just a thought, But if the goal is just to burn SACD music to say a thumb drive or say a hard drive for Roon/Itunes playback on the fly then one could use a PS Audio Phono converter ? Analog input to DSD output? I haven’t tried this, but it should work? Like ripping LP’s to DSD files. Just with the analog input vs phono stage.