Ripping Video DVDs

I have well over 3,000 DVD and Blu-ray titles of Movies and TV series that I would like to start ripping to MP4 files to a NAS for playback using a streamer. For the TV series, I would prefer to rip each episode as a separate file (Ex. S1 E1 episode name.mp4).

I am looking for recommendations for software that I can run on my Windows PC or laptop that will make the job as quick and easy as possible. I don’t mind paying for a program if it makes things significantly easier compared to something that is free. I do intend to keep the original discs.

For a streamer, I would want one that can scan and index the entire library of video files and lets me find what I want to watch via a Search in addition to navigating a folder tree.

1 Like

A few years back, I had great success with Acrok and I’m a Mac user. To my understanding, the PC version was more native. It’s been a while since my hands on experience, but I do remember what I thought was a tremendous amount of control over format, compression, etc. There is a trial version. It might ease your making the final decision on a purchase.