Roon Beta for Next Version of 1.8

The new version just got released. Update worked flawless here in Germany.
They fixed an amazing amount of bugs and the added functions seem very helpful. Looks like a great release. Go get it!

3 Likes

Looks good but the update modified a hundred or so cover art so I’ll have to fix those.

Yeah. Check the artist art for Diana Krall. I’m not sure what they’re selling.

1 Like

It’s a reminder that Elvis Costello is a lucky fellow.

4 Likes

My upgrades were seamless. Zero issues.

Does anyone think streaming sounds better with tRoons improved algorithms? I have been doing Beta for a while. But also so many noise level tweaks lately all is amazing right now.

1 Like

Supposedly the new tool can expand upon user’s artworks. Please share more of yours with us!

On my system searching is smoking fast as opposed to before. In the same vein, the autofill while typing in the search box is still slow, but once I press enter its night & day versus before.

Will have to use it a bit more to see if the search results are better - I can’t remember some of the failures Ive had with Qobuz previously

1 Like

“I’m going in.”

The little, blue bar is moving/filling in left to right as I write this.

Wish me luck.

2 Likes

O.K…update appears to have gone off without a hitch.

What should I be looking for/aware of at the outset, if anything, that is important to note?

TIA.

Art Director

Everyone benefits from better-looking artist photos and band logos, so we’ve created Art Director, a fun new tool that puts you in control of how images are shown in Roon. Using Art Director, you can adjust the positioning of artist photos, upload logos and images, and vote for your favorites.

Playlists by Roon

Until now, the weekly playlists we create have only been available on TIDAL and Qobuz, and haven’t been directly accessible in Roon. In our latest release, you can now access everything our music team has curated, directly from your Home screen on both streaming platforms.

Smarter search

We’ve completely overhauled Roon’s search function to make it easier than ever to find the music you’re looking for. Now, when you search for music in Roon you’ll see more accurate and concise results (and fewer inaccuracies), especially when it comes to your own library.

Rock-solid streaming

We’ve completely overhauled Roon’s buffering and caching system when playing streaming content so that it’s less demanding when interacting with your network and internet connection. This will make streaming music both more reliable and less intensive on your Roon Core, even for those with slower networks and internet connections.

Easier volume limits

We’ve redesigned the Zone Settings screen so it’s even easier to set volume limits that prevent your music from getting too loud. The new design also makes it simple to configure auto-sleep functionality and other settings for your audio devices.

1 Like

So, I just noticed that my Tidal account is no longer listed along with my Qobuz account in the Browse column at the left of the Home Page.

May not be related to the update and I may have just not noticed it was gone recently.

Anyone have any insight on this to offer?

TIA.

[Edit: Never mind. Figured it out. Got logged out somehow in Roon.]

1 Like

yikes, not so good for me

trying to restore a backup now.

Good luck.

:ok_hand:t2:

Good so far at my end. I like the new playlists by roon, which seem to span a whole lot more genres than I’ve seen before in roon, or direct through the streaming services.

Same here, so far so good. Appears the improvements to the wifi buffering have really helped. Dropouts were a big problem for me when streaming Tidal or Qobuz, so far this morning there have been no dropouts. Fingers crossed

I tried their playlists last night and I second that.

1 Like

yeah, i avoided the beta test just for this reason. Figured it was good to go at this point. Wrong.

It would play for about a minute, then stop and I’d get the database error.

Tried reinstalling, restoring, everything. Restores would fail about 10% of the way in.

Only thing that worked was a new install with a fresh (empty) database. Lost all my playlists, history, album edits, audio zones, etc…

Albums saved to library in Tidal and Qobuz were found, so my total album/track numbers are pretty close to the same, but it’s kind of a bummer.

No acknowledgement by Roon that this is happening. Would be nice to know if they have (or are working on) a fix, so I can revert/restore.

Biggest bummer is that I can’t sort by when albums were added to library anymore, because now Roon thinks they were all added at the same time.

Oh, and a bunch of albums that roon couldn’t identify, and required me to locate artwork for, no longer have artwork and I need to do that all over again.

First-world problems, amiright?

I can’t tell either. The roon update came in the middle of my P20, SR Purple, 3M absorber changes. I do know that everything is better in my system right now.

1 Like