Rose RS130

I’m getting the feeling, given the previous HiFi Rose pricing, that maybe this time around HiFi Rose priced this one to compete with the big boys, and not so much along their previous pricing strategy. OTOH maybe they really turned this into some kind of uber-streamer. :man_shrugging:

Very interesting - it, like the AirLens, appear to be designed around completely blocking digital noise.

The RS130’s coaxial and hdmi/I2S output takes it up against the AirLens, while also offering video display and going beyond the capacity of the DS2, in offering DSD512.

Hi @Paul, Would you be able to say how the AirLens and Bridge 2.5 are going?

1 Like

I am also interested in settings for the AirLens and how the user does it. In the end I want best SQ. If the AirLens can match the others and be cheaper but not offer the fancy bells and whistles the others having software I don’t care as I use Roon.

3 Likes

Am now using NeoStream as streamer only; while its dac is parity with pro Sabre DACs, now using a dedicated non-ess dac. SQ enhanced, possibly indicating that is beneficial to separate streamer and dac.

1 Like

According to what’s on the specs page for the AirLens, it’s Tidal or Spotify apps, DLNA, or Roon. I also favor simplicity combined with best SQ. I was quite content using a DLNA control point with the Bridge II, and that’s all I need (although internet radio would be nice). No Roon here.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the new Matrix Audio Element S Streamer or have any thoughts on it? It retails for around US $1,500.

1 Like

I’m not owning one. The unit has nice features, specs and even a full featured app. In the way the data is presented (by not going in depth), they seem to address rather a hifi than a high end audience. As a side track, we may discuss in what category we belong. :wink:
I’m curious to learn how it performs soundwise.

1 Like

Hifi Rose readies RS130: a high-end touchscreen transport (Darko)

1 Like

If priced below 5k, the RS130 sounds like an exciting device. I listened to an Aurender N200 and loved its sound quality, but I’m not convinced with the software (it doesn’t support Tidall Connect and Roon). Is it possible to test or buy the RS130 in the USA?

Welcome to the forum. I think its going to be priced right around the 5k. If you like to see what you are playing it is certainly the device to have.

Over $5K US.

its looks amazing but the price is way up there. I want to see it vs. the new Aurlic 2.2?? is that right number…either way the new Aurlic streamer only that has Dirac Built in.

1 Like

I know that the wide front-panel screen of the HiFi Rose streamers can have a seductive attraction for some users, but I prefer the Innuos approach to video screens - i.e., don’t use them!

Innuos argues (as does PS Audio) that large screens add unnecessary noise to a component without adding anything good to the sound of the gear. I prefer to have a visual screen on an iPad or phone that can be viewed and controlled at my listening seat rather than having a large screen across the room on my streamer. If I wanted to spend over $5K on a really good streamer, I would be looking at the Innuos Pulsar instead. The Pulsar is getting rave reviews and can be used with either Roon or the even better (for sound) Innuos Sense app. Just my opinion as an Innuos user, of course, so YMMV.

2 Likes

I want one!!!

A friend of mine was so eager to get his, that he collected it while still staying on a camping. :grinning:

And it’s already burning in!

1 Like

My concerns: Looks like no USB output and can’t tell if the HDMI output is compatible with the PSA protocol. Is anyone able to enlighten me?

I would love more answers.

Yes there is a USB out for a DAC.

Yeah, that USB DAC output is supposed to be specially optimized for audio delivery.

outstanding! Brian. I understand now. Thx.