Router, the enemy!

Thanks, shhh I’ll test a LPS, don’t tell anyone! Wifi will be out of game since the router installation.

1 Like

they are coming for you…

Carabinieri Polizia Aiuto Arrestatelo Chiamate La Polizia Chiama I Carabinieri Aiutatemi Paura GIF - Police Call The Police Arrest Him - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

Thanks, I was looking at specs too. What’s the best LPS able to provide volts and amps (12V 1.5A) recommended in your opinion?

Already? I have to ask Al to pay for my bail!

1 Like

I’ve got your back my friend!!!

1 Like

I’m going out hands up, crying loud: it was the cat’s pee!!!

2 Likes

I have no opinion on that. I use a Teddy Pardo for my Nucleus+ but I don’t think they make a 12V 1.5A. They do make a 12V 2A.

1 Like

Use this M-1 Fuse and Ghent Gotham GAc-4 cable. It has no ICs. The R core beats toroidal version.

2 Likes

You just don’t want to have a power supply incapable of the rated current for the router. That 2A power supply will be fine. It can deliver less current, as needed.

(Note: I’m not an electrical engineer. I’m not a scientist. I’m not a lawyer. That advice is worth less than you paid for it. But… how much current can your amps’ internal power supplies deliver? Are they fixed at that current, or do they deliver only what’s needed?)

2 Likes

Just be sure you have a cat…might be easier to blame a dog…poor dog :innocent:

Best wishes

2 Likes

For me when buying a matching cable when buying off EBAY its a whole other lanugage on the size type on the LPS side and size / polarity on the device side. I have ordered the wrong size a few times. You have to be specific @luca.pelliccioli

1 Like

12V is not a problem while 1.5A seems to be an unusual rating looking to general LPS specs on the web.
Hope to avoid a custom LPS request to Sean Jacob to be used for a banal router.

Or 1.5A is the minimum value requested and all above 1.5A is ok for my intended router usage? Like 2, 3 or 6A. Do I need just 12V or is also needed rating of exactly 1.5A? My electrical ignorance is evident, one more time.

2 or 3 would be ok if I had to guess. 2 being better.

The router will only take what it needs. 2, 4, 6, 8, none of that matters at all aa far as the router is concerned.

3 Likes

Oh ok, then I have a lot of LPS on the market at my disposal just looking at 12V and more than 1.5A.

Farad
HDPlex 300
SOtM
JCAT Optimo
Sean Jacob

Is there a general consensus on a specific model?

Plixir I heard is very good, never tried it myself.

1 Like

This is most comprehensive test out there.

1 Like

Maybe just start with a relatively inexpensive iFi iPower Elite (12v / 4A) to see if it makes any difference at all.

Amazon seems to have it over here for $299, so it’s not an expensive test and could be a good emergency backup.

2 Likes

I recently purchased a Teddy Pardo for the EtherRegen and a LTA(Linear Tube Audio) for the Roku Ultra Streamer. Teddy Pardo was a minor improvement but the LTA on the Roku really shocked me.

Definitely worth exploring. I was on mission to eliminate all the SMPS away from the system.

Lots of good choices out there!

1 Like

I am convinced that you are unlikely to hear an improvement in your audio system by upgrading your power delivery to your router. With this in mind I would discourage you from spending $500 plus on a power supply. Vmax posted a link above to a fine power supply to test this theory. Small Green Computer makes multiple $150 supplies you could try. For this test it may be best to try to borrow a supply from someone.

6 Likes