SACD Transport software update

Version 2.2 of the SACD transport is ready for upgrade. It fixes a number of bugs and is highly recommended.

Instructions to update firmware on a PerfectWave SACD Transport.

Updating over an Internet Connection

1. The unit must be attached to the Internet either via Wifi or Ethernet. Refer to the manual for instructions on how to do so.
  2. Go into the menus with a long press of the Eject/ Menu button.
  3. Using the right arrow key. scroll through the menus until you get to the System sub-menu.
  4. Press the center button to enter the System menu.
  5. Scroll down to the Update sub-menu item.
  6. Press the center button to enter the Update sub-menu.
  7. If an update is available, a pop-up will appear telling you the new version. You can accept the update or exit.
  8. If an update is not available, a pop-up will appear telling you this. The only option is to exit the update sub-menu.
  9. Once you select to update the unit, the unit will reboot. Do NOT unplug or remove power.
  10. The Logo LED will turn on solid blue for a few seconds.
  11. The Logo LED will begin to blink rapidly. It should blink around 25 to 30 times.
  12. The update will complete and the unit will immediately initialize.

Updating with a USB thumb drive

1. Unzip this package and copy the image.bin file to the root directory of a USB thumb drive.
  2. Place the thumb drive in the USB slot on the back of the unit marked FW.
  3. Using the front panel Logo LED button, place the unit in standby.
  4. Using the switch in the back of the unit, power off the unit and then power it back on.
  5. The Logo LED will turn on solid blue for a few seconds.
  6. The Logo LED will begin to blink rapidly. It should blink around 25 to 30 times.
  7. The update will complete and the unit will immediately initialize.

In some cases, the unit may freeze on the PS Audio splash screen. If this happens, remove the USB drive from the back of the unit and power cycle the unit again as in step 4.

Note that if you update the firmware and leave the USB thumb drive in the unit, the firmware will not be updated again if you were to put the unit into Idle or to power off from the back panel. The unit will detect the firmware is the same and skip the update. However, PS Audio recommends that the USB thumb drive be removed during normal operation of the device.

6 Likes

Excellent news!

Thanks for the update.

Ronald

Thanks. Appreciate the instructions. I was not able to use the USB drive for whatever reason. The unit did not recognize it. Perhaps it was not formatted correctly?

No problem since I had the unit hooked to my Wi-Fi.
I am bookmarking this page for future reference.

USB drive didn’t work. Didn’t seem to know it was there.

Does the USB flash drive need to be formatted FAT32?

From my downloads folder: “download failed”, “file moved or missing”
And can an sd card/card reader be used?

USB update worked fine for me…can’t get the wireless “WPS” method to work

SW update via usb quick and easy. Hoped there was a sonic bump like the one during beta but doesn’t seem so. Greedy but still in love.

I had already connected it to my internet connection, and this took like 30s total. Thanks!

Great instructions. Getting the update with WiFi went flawlessly.

1 Like

Update Installation without Problems. Just the Problem of playing the CD-Layer instead of the SACD-Layer when running SACDs was not solved. Any ideas? Or is it a wrong setup in my menu?

I had the same problem–replaced my current HDMI cable with the original PSA stock and the problem went away. Makes me think it may be an issue with the HDMI socket on the PST. Called service a week ago, no response.

Playing the SACD layer with I2S connected to a compatible DAC is not automatic, but can you still toggle to play the SACD layer?

Thanks for your reply! When I switch off the unit completely leaving the sacd in the tray and switch on power at the back of the transport again, PST will play the sacd-layer. Strange …

Can you better describe the problem? If you are connected to a PS Audio DAC through HDMI cable it should play the DSD layer.

Sorry, really sorry, Paul and PS Audio team. The problem from the beginning was my wrong setup. I did not set SACD to DSD in the menu …

@ Elk, you gave me the hint; thanks for that.

1 Like

…so You never have listened to the SACD layers until know? Hey, You almost have a new player now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

well, not very often until yet. Everything is fine now :+1:

2 Likes

…oops, now felt into a trap myself - thought ist was all about the DMP :innocent: OMG am I retro!