SALE ! PerfectWave SACD Transport

You mean international distributors?

Damn, I bought one. Can’t say no at that price!

3 Likes

You just needed any excuse to get one of these goodies, don’t you.
I’m still rediscovering how good some of my older discs can sound with this PST! This is one phenomenal transport!!

1 Like

My Revelation Audio Labs cable will be used again!

3 Likes

My timing is not good. For the second time this year I bought a PS Audio product shortly before the sale was announced. Hopefully, James can work something out for me again!

For anyone thinking about buying a PST, it is the best CD transport I have ever heard. You will not be disappointed.

1 Like

Next time you purchase a PS Audio product, can you please post what you bought so we will know what’s going on sale three weeks later?

8 Likes

Will do! :grinning:

2 Likes

Been thinking of purchasing the Jay’s Audio CDT2-MK3 until I received the email on the PST sale.
Does anyone on here have any experience with Jay’s? Any opinions the Jay’s vs the PST other than that the Jay’s does not play SACD’s?

This will probably be the only time I can give you advise on a purchase. You got me started on the RAL HDMI and it was for many months the top dog but the Audioquest Dragon gives the same bump in musicality that the RAL did over the
WWPL7. Since you are now a PST owner, I think you would like the combo. I am no fan of their products or marketing in general but they seem to take HDMI design seriously. Besides, you need to complete the expensive cable stable you have. I just remembered that you DAC may not accept I2S but thought you might like to give it a go.

2 Likes

I have to see what Stealth Audio has to offer in the HDMI category. It can’t be a full Loom if it isn’t a full Loom. But I appreciate your advice and I will for certain keep it in mind. AQ cables are a bargain compared to my usual brand. The thing that is more compelling is the universal agreement that the Dragon is a major step up.

Thank you!

1 Like

I have a Jay’s Audio CDT2-MK3 sitting on top of a PST at the moment. I have been enjoying both. I decided with the nice price I will own both. If you are going to just be doing Redbook the Jay’s is excellent. The difference in sound between the two transports is not super obvious. So far some discs sound a tiny bit better on one over the other. The differences are not huge to my ears. But I have not heard the PST at it’s best using an i2s Connection. If you have a DAC that has an I2S input that would make you want to consider the PST a bit more. The PST is amazing, but so is the CDT2-MK3.

5 Likes

I like it! The @aangen Expensive Cable Stable! Sounds like a podcast or YouTube show title if I ever heard one!

3 Likes

I’m in! My M700s sound so good they definitely deserve some premium input.

2 Likes

OK, if I’m to go down this rabbit hole it would be to replace my recently acquired Mark Levinson 390S. I absolutely love the Levinson. I’d have to buy a perfectwave SACD transport and a perfectwave direct stream DAC. Assuming I trade the Levinson on the DAC it’s an $8000 outlay. Sure, I get it, the Levinson is about 17 years old and the state of the art has advanced a lot. Has anyone heard the PSA pair against something like the Levinson 390S or does anyone know of a PSA dealer in Maryland or a neighboring state? I think I’d like to hear them if I could before putting everyone through shipping three heavy components.

1 Like

Are you the same bloke on WBF who bought a Grimm MU 1?

If so, does that blow both the PST and Jay’s Audio CDT-2 out of the water?

1 Like

Yes I am and yes it does. But feeding both through the MU1 improves them nicely.

1 Like

So the MU 1 resamples and reprocesses the signal from the transport before going to DAC?

The DAC then does it again before outputting to analogue. Are you using a DS?

How many times does the signal need to be reprocessed? Not a rhetorical question. So long as you get better sound, I guess that’s the endgame.

1 Like

Silly question, since PS Audio went direct sales, are there any dealers in the US who stock current/new PS Audio products? I’m guessing customer service would be able to say for sure if there were any dealers in the metro area.

@Sohail You got it. Distributor is assumed to be international.
@McRican Be sure to shoot me an email.

2 Likes

Lead times on the PST? Immediate shipping or are they built to order?