Sample rate change muting fix

I like to use Native X which causes a problem when the sample rate changes… There us a mute that is long enough, in some cases, to cause a loss of the first part of the next track. I solved this by creating files in Audacity called xx Transition: 44 Transion, 48 Transition, 88 Transition etc. The files are about 6 seconds of silence. They are tagged in JRiver in such a way that they fall between a sample rate change:

Playlist= Symphonies

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Artist</span>                 <span style="text-decoration: underline">Track</span>                      <span style="text-decoration: underline">Album</span>

Beethoven Adagio Symphony No. 6 ( 44.1 )

Beeu 96 Transition 96 Transition ( 96 )

Berlioz Allegro Symphonie Fantastique ( 96 )

The Transition file with the artist name Beeu forces the PWD II to change the sample rate to 24/96 before the Berlioz begins to play. If the next track was Beethoven: Symphony No. 7, keep the artist name Beethoven and change the Album name to Symphony No. 6.5.

Obviously this would not work in a shuffled party mix, but it works great if you are not shuffling the playlist.

Hope this helps someone who has noticed the same problem.

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing this. I haven’t noticed this problem but others may have.

Doing a night and day switch in music genres, the new hi res download of Led Zepp I has a good example of this problem. The studio album files are 24/96, followed by the first live file which is 24/44.1, followed by the remaining live cuts which are 24/48. I did not know Native X had any bearing on this. Good to know for these rare occurrences.