Server for the DS

I am waiting for the Haswell Mac Mini with 5GHz 802.11ac, running Minim uPnP server.

Rumors say it should come out before Spring.

Anyone heard something with substance?

Apple rumors are often unreliable. An update is certainly past due. Macrumors.com, which tracks these things, reports Last Release October 23, 2012; Days Since Update: 529 (Avg = 381)

frode said: Rumors say it should come out before Spring.

First of all, IT IS SPRING. Well maybe for our southern neighbors?
Second..... I am also waiting.
As soon as the new mini comes I was going to install parallels and set up Windows 2012 server on it.
The Auralic server might alter my plans, if it works as announced.

frode said: Rumors say it should come out before Spring.

First of all, IT IS SPRING. Well maybe for our southern neighbors?
Second..... I am also waiting.
As soon as the new mini comes I was going to install parallels and set up Windows 2012 server on it.
The Auralic server might alter my plans, if it works as announced.

Yeah.
The Auralic is also on my radar, but I am uncertain about the possibilities and compliance.
I fear it may be pretty proprietary and limited.

Caps 3 win server 2012 it’s been out and works fine . Just saying

Caps 3 win server 2012 it's been out and works fine . Just saying

The problem with these DIY units (yes, I know you can buy it assembled) is that they easily become EOL over night. 2012 design means that the CAPS is probably surpassed already in many areas (or it soon will be). This doesn't mean that the design is obsolete and thus a bad investment. I bet it works well.

Server 2012 is windows. Not equipment , also yes you are right in the fact of technology moves on . But almost anything we buy is already old when we buy it. So what’s your point again. I have a few servers including the above I mentioned. It’s better no doubt when using it directly to a dac. But I also have a MSB UMT plus

And it does it even better , but only up to dsd64 . Then dsd over PCM , dop must be done to dac . As in the UMT it self attaches to my nas ds213+ or 14 or anything else on my private network . I suggested a caps as a end game of sorts for now . Many ultra hi end systems use it.

Owe one more thing there is a optimizer you need with it . It was designed for it only very cool tool and improves it .

Al

Server 2012 is windows

Sure, but wasn't the v3 Zuma (final version) released in 2012?

I do not keep track of them. For me I hit and get off the train for a while for sanity reasons. I thought they were up to a caps 4 though. But simplistically it us far better than any bridge in the next 2 or three years and at 57 now I just want to hit play and hear sweet music not noise or nothing. The server is consistently superb .

Al

alrainbow said: But simplistically it us far better than any bridge in the next 2 or three years

I just bought a Caps 3 Carbon to use when ripping vinyl with the NPC. At some point later this month I will compare the NAS/Bridge setup I've been using, with great results, to the same files served from the Carbon via USB to the PWD II. The latter will have to sound awfully good to beat the Bridge, but who knows . . . I'll let you all know what happens.

That would very kind of you .

Al