Show Us Your Rack!

I am using a RigidRack, 48"W x 18"D, Maple, 3-Shelf Rack with solid Maple Butcher Block Platforms.

18 Likes

I’m using the 4 shelf 36" wide version that fits perfectly in my setup.

8 Likes

Those look an awful lot like Polk SDA-2B speakers. Are they?

Lol! Not really close. They’re Vandersteen 2Ce Signature III’s.

My first pair of speaker though were Polk Monitor 10s. I listened to Polk’s Stereo Dimensional Array series, but upgraded to Vandersteen 2Cs. I preferred the sound of phase coherence over phase cancellation. Owned those for decades until I replaced with the latest version. I updated my speaker cables to Transparent Gen 6 Super biwires. Couldn’t use the Gen 1s as Vandersteen went from banana connectors to (narrow) barrier strips.
:smile:

I should have noticed they were missing the Polk Audio badge on their grilles.

But if you knda squint a little:

:smiley:

3 Likes

Badges in the back:

:wink:

3 Likes

Made this rack to accommodate this turntable. Used wood leftover from other projects.
Legs are 2x4s, shelves are 5/4 red oak. Drawer for accessories, Comfort height for old geezers. These components plug into the main system (not pictured).
rack

10 Likes

Here’s what it connects to. This was made by a local guy. Shelves are maple strips, framework is aluminum extrusions.
IMG_3091

9 Likes

Two in walls. One for all the source equipment. The other for Amplification.

11 Likes

Mapleshade Samson V.2

11 Likes

and speakers shaped like guitars, one active one passive

4 Likes

DIY-rack designed and built during lockdown times in 22 and 23. It‘s made of 50 mm beech plywood boards resting on 30/2,5 mm stainless steel tubes filled with foam tubes (the ones used for isolating hot water pipes). All is held together by 12 mm threaded rods. The feet are 6 adjustable „Finite Elemente Cerabases“. In fact the only parts off the shelf. The overall weight is over 120 kg, so I had to do the final assembly in the room.

30 Likes

Awesome Rack! Nicely done. I really love the look.

1 Like

Nice work. Bravo

1 Like

Well done.

1 Like

Yep. It’s an IKEA LACK with 4 Amazon vibration dampeners under the LINN and another 4 under the LACK’s legs. I’ve tested with several Bass heavy LP’s and the stylus never jumps.

1 Like

Nothing too special, though functional. Two Pangea Vulcan racks made up from three units, one of which is utilizing an extended X-brace section. Both stand considerably taller than stock, which like matthewnz-2 said above, “comfort height for old geezers”. LOL

Granted, I’m not an old geezer yet, but I feel it sometimes and am certainly not getting any younger.

The temporary amp stands are nothing more than a couple of solid oak shelves from my old “double wide” audio rack along with 1.5" thick solid white quartz slabs that I had made years ago for a pair of Sonus Faber Venere 1.5’s I sold to one of my brothers.

And apparently a passed out Sir Bentley. LOL

16 Likes

Homemade rack
60”x20”x38” (w,d,h)
2” laminated maple shelves, 4”x3” maple posts, 9” between shelves

Currently re-arranging things, so in a bit of a flux at the moment

Best,
-JP

22 Likes

Well done!

Great mix of gear…