Smart and/or Wireless Speakers: What Brand of Do You Use In the Kitchen, Garage, Shop, Greenhouse, Office, Bedroom, Bathroom, Outside

My mom and my daughters REALLY like the “Bose sound”. If that’s what they enjoy, who am I to judge?

2 Likes

All that matters is they are listening to music.

4 Likes

Ding ding ding ding!!

Daughter 3, 4, 5 all have Bose Waves and despite my offer for Sonos choose to decline.

@kerosene - HDMI cable Arc connection

@kerosene - I use this flat screen for watching golf and cycling. I have a GCN (Global Cycling Network) subscription and cast my iPhone to it for cycling. The kitchen and great room combination is 50ft long X 30ft wide w/ 16ft ceiling and a Rasson 9ft tournament pool table in the middle of the space so the 85in allows viewing while cooking and shooting pool. I can use WiFi input to Sonus to stream music; however, don’t watch a lot of movies in Great Room. We are not really movie goers.

I worked at a record store years ago and people would walk in and be amazed at that Bose signature sound. In retrospect, it reminds me of how high fructose corn syrup was added to every food - think ranch dressing and breakfast sausage. No matter what we would play, old or new, it all sounded the same.

2 Likes

amazingly, right now, two pair of Polk Hampdens just showed up on eBay from two enterprising sellers for $450 each. (Amazing, because you can find 'em for less than $100 if you’re paying attention.)

1 Like