Snowmass DirectStream Junior is now live

Hi guys,

Many things said, and IMO everyone is right to have their own opinion/complains (especially because everyone is a PS Audio DS Sr. or Jr. owner here).

That said, I’m one of those for whom the path was Redcloud > Yale > Snowmass. After several DSj power cyles, something I guess we shouldn’t do (@tedsmith do I need to worry too much about this?), after several working - SO correctly unplugged - and correctly formatted USB pen drives.
This could have been avoided! I have already thought: “I must wait a couple of days before dive into the DSj update process, so I can check some strange patterns in the PS Audio forum, to avoid some possible issue” . I was the 4th doing the SN download!!! But, as @marcin helped me, maybe my difficulties helped others.
This shouldn’t happen though. All the DSj out there should have exactly the same behaviour, and PS Audio should have a look to mitigate this issue. Really.

As I said earlier on this thread, this kind of “Murphy” thing, was what kept me for bringing the tech side of things to my home and to my audio rig (I deal with this in my daily basis, since I’m active IT professional).

But… but I can live with this!
I can live with the fact that I have access to this kind of performance (given the fact I don’t have an endless wallet).
I can live with the fact that I have some hassle and pain on my neck once in a while, to experience a system upgrade worth of a few thousands of Euros – for FREE.
I can live with the fact that I must gamble with DSj volume control and Integrated Amp (Moon by Simaudio 340i) volume control, to get close to an ideal situation of low noise / better performance / great user experience with volume control
I can live with the fact that I have access to PS Audio crew, who is always willing to chime in and help us.
I can live with the fact that I can share some thoughts, get questions answered, learn a ton, with the genius beyond the product that I own, and one of (if not the most) the best minds in the DAC industry: @tedsmith .

Everything in life (at least for me) is a compromise, that become less of a compromise and more like a thrill, happy thing, victory, if we learn to look at the glass half full.

Snowmass…
Unfortunately I have not had enough time to dedicate to listen, but I stand with my first impressions: “(…)More texture, more information is retrieved (nuances and micro dynamics), and a more calm pace. (…)”, and definitively more body as many have said. But on top of this, I have the feel that we care much more about the music, interpretation, message, that with the system itself, which is my main goal in the audiophilia road.

Once again, thank you all!

6 Likes