Snowmass DirectStream Junior

I think there are a lot of jesting comments on here, trying to show our enthusiasm. And has been noted many times on internet forums, it’s easy to misinterpret posts.
I think most of us really appreciate the massive and FREE efforts that PS Audio, Ted and the testers are putting in. Once the dust has settled, everyone can get a good rest.

1 Like

I must say that the DirectStream Junior owners have a lot more patience than the Senior Owners with the SnowMAss upgrade!
Also I would not mind if there was an additional cost associated with each firmware update if it went to
Ted. He definitely has earned it

2 Likes

I’ve been patient.

Although I hit the refresh button of this thread a couple of times a day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both of which words I would expect to read in a Hogan’s Heroes script, obviously not knowing what they mean, yet finding them intrinsically funny in whatever context.

How do you feel about Ted getting some kind of compensation from us owners(say $25) for each upgrade? He is always lurking in the background to address our concerns and constantly thinking about code changes to enhance out listening experience.

1 Like

Similar thoughts crossed my mind in the last few days. :+1:

1 Like

Ha! Yes, “verklempt” is a contraction of “Werner Klemperer” who played Colonel Klink in Hogan’s Heroes ; ). He is also incidentally the son of the famous classical conductor, Otto Klemperer.

(The last sentence is true)

2 Likes

Kickstarter: Ted’s Beer Fund! (Don’t actually know if/what he drinks, but he could use it for whatever)

No product to develop, hype to create - just money for a good cause : )

Hey that has to be a beer belly, thing is we can’t really tell because of Ted’s proverbial beard. ZZ Top should be proud!

A GoFundMe for future upgrades!

The DS Senior thread has wondered off into talking about the new TSS (or whatever the new DAC is going to be called). Obviously the initial excitement for Snowmass is slowing down a bit for Senior owners since it’s now old-hat for them. Meanwhile, us poor DSJ users are driven to Hogan’s Heroes references :wink:

1 Like

I think the Jr owners would appreciate some update from PS audio. Where are we now? please

Patience grasshopper.

eternity is long especially towards the end.

1 Like

What a generous and kind thought. I am sure just the thought of it means a lot to Ted. He’s one of the kindest and most generous people I know.

The most productive thing folks can do is help spread the word about Ted’s DAC. Every time one sells he’s rewarded for his efforts and someone gets to improve the heck out of their listening experience.

4 Likes

I. Know. NO-THING!!

1 Like

I was only answering maxim’s question. I have been Snowmass-blessed for a week…

1 Like

Worthwhile edumakating, thanks Mr Beef @badbeef

The spelling-Nazi in me feels obliged to point out the minor translational error…it should read I. Know. No-THINK!!

For sentimental purposes, here you go. The opening scene of series 1 episode 1 (which I have in my collection, in all its black & white glory). I love how Kaleidescape can spool it up in less than a second.

Sorry @badbeef, I quoted the wrong post.