SoTM ISO-CAT7 Christmas Special Edition Review

Hi, I was quite fortunate to get hold of one and have been really enjoying the ISO-CAT7 and dCBL-CAT7u combination in the system.

It has certainly lifted things up, feeding into the Bridge II. For me, things sound more lifelike and there’s greater bass impact. Live music has been a treat, foot tapping stuff.

Best bit was seeing the family dancing to the soundtrack from the “Sing” movie. Thanks @dchang05 for the recommendation!

1 Like

Great, that is what I felt about the combo too. :grinning:

1 Like

I happen to have both. I would say the ENO is more resolving with a deeper soundstage. The Christmas cable is rounder and more full bodied. They both are very quiet and black sounding. So the filter boxes work well with both. Both quite excellent sounding. I decided to use the ENO at the NAS and the Christmas cable before the switch for Tidal streaming.

2 Likes

Hi, that’s really interesting to hear a comparison of both.

I’ve heard great things about the ENO ethernet filter but couldn’t see it fitting in my set up compared to the smaller SOTM!

That’s the main reason I went with SoTM because it does not require any shelf space behind the streamer.

1 Like

Actually Richard from NA said the filter is non directional even tho it says IN and OUT on the box. I used mine at the NAS side because I have limited space behind my switch. You canb’t go wrong with either of these.

1 Like