Sprout as Pre Amp

If I am using the Sprout pre amp with a separate power amp, is the undefeatable bass boost still on? I ask because I know that the analogue channel is duplicating whatever info that the Sprout is receiving. I’m hoping that this setup somehow bypasses the bass boost.

Also, in terms of setup: I would go RCA from TT to sprout “vinyl” and then analogue out to power amp correct? When I play vinyl, the sprout should have “vinyl” selected and the volume (or now gain) should be set to “2pm” or so correct? I have some gear on the way and just want to have a clear understanding of the setup. Thank you all for any help with this.

Welcome to the forum!

I can’t say about the bass bump (probably depends on whether it’s coming from the input section or the amp section and I don’t know the answer to that) but your understanding of the setup is correct, except the volume setting would depend on what amp and speakers you are using (I suggest you start with it turned all the way down just to avoid surprises). (Note I am assuming you are using a standard turntable and not one that has a built-in phono stage as a few newer ones do.)

Hopefully Scott or Paul can answer the bass bump question.

twhite8287 said

If I am using the Sprout pre amp with a separate power amp, is the undefeatable bass boost still on? I ask because I know that the analogue channel is duplicating whatever info that the Sprout is receiving. I’m hoping that this setup somehow bypasses the bass boost.

Also, in terms of setup: I would go RCA from TT to sprout “vinyl” and then analogue out to power amp correct? When I play vinyl, the sprout should have “vinyl” selected and the volume (or now gain) should be set to “2pm” or so correct? I have some gear on the way and just want to have a clear understanding of the setup. Thank you all for any help with this.

The line out on Sprout does NOT have the bass boost. It’s clean and without any enhancement to the frequency response.

Thank you guys! Your responses are helpful and are exactly what I was hoping for. Love my sprout and I look forward to many years of use.

Wondering if I can use the line out with a 3.5mm to R/L RCA into 2 monoblock amps, or do I need a buffer/splitter. Thx.

Yes, it is already buffered so it’ll work just fine.

Thanks, Paul. BTW, enjoy your videos and am closely following the PS Audio quest to bring Arnie Nudell’s last loudspeaker to fruition.