Sprout: USB Audio 2.0 compliant?

@bobworley From what I have gathered, older firmware revisions have this issue. PSA support has started the RMA process for me to get a replacement from the factory. Both units I received from Amazon had the same issue. But they still have not answered my question of whether I will need to pay for return shipping.

@kflou Yes, you are correct about firmware. Older firmware did not support Linux.

@bobworley The fact is, weā€™ve never officially supported Linux; only Windows and Mac OS x, but after numerous requests, weā€™ve added code to support it that requires sending the unit in for updates, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info, TJ. I purchased 2 of the Sprout100 units directly from PS Audio near the end of April on order number 97115.

For using the Sprouts as I had anticipated, it would be great to be able to stream to the Pi.

I am assuming that I would need to send both units back to you folks for update? One of them has never been unboxed yet.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,

BW

No problem, Bob! Go ahead and email me at tjt@psaudio.com, Iā€™ll get you taken care of.

Thanks!

Note to customers with Raspberry Piā€™s:

We are having problems with connections to Raspberry Piā€™s and are working on a solution asap. Please let me know if you have any information that could help. Iā€™ll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the patience!

I had been intending to switch to a Raspberry Pi based renderer for my desktop system, which uses a Sprout100. I guess that is now on hold until you sort out the problem.

1 Like

NOTE:

Weā€™ve fixed it! The Sprout100 will now confidently connect and play from Raspberry Pi and Linux itself.

Thanks for the patience!!

2 Likes

Hi, I also use a Rapberry Pi based system and would like to connect direct to the Sprout 100 - currently connect up via a Schitt Modi, but feel that one less item in the chain would be beneficial.

How do i go about getting the firmware update? Love the Sprout 100 btw.

1 Like

Shoot TJ an email directly at tjt@psaudio.com. Weā€™ll get you fixed up in no time. I agree as well, going direct into the Sprout100 will sound better.

1 Like

I just got my Sprout back with the new firmware and it is working flawlessly with my Raspberry Pi running Volumio (up to DSD128 - via DoP).
Kudos to TJ !

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping us posted! So glad itā€™s working now! Iā€™ll let TJ know.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in and report that TJ got me up and running, too. Running DietPi and Roon Bridge. Great customer service IMHO. Thanks for caring!

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know and the feedback. Itā€™s always appreciated. TJā€™s a good guy!

1 Like

Woohoo! Thatā€™s awesome. Enjoy that little guy :slight_smile:

Thanks, Bob!!! Just glad to hear youā€™ve got that going :smiley:

Also - DietPi is the way to go. Much fun!

Youā€™re too sweet to me, Sir!

Seeā€¦THIS is the CS that the rest of the world needs to copy.

Sprout100 = the best $600 you can spend in hifi.

2 Likes

Just curious, are there any similar issues with the original Sprout? I currently drive mine with a Mac Mini but have often consider swapping that out for a RPi3 at some point.

Thanks,

Dan

To the best of my knowledge, itā€™ll work perfectly. Iā€™ve never heard anyone having any trouble with it, and our tech team said the original Sprout doesnā€™t have any trouble with Linux.

Cool, thatā€™s what I seemed to recall, but wanted to be certain. Thanks for confirming!